It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda May Plan Attacks On U.S. Food Sector!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This would be an interesting change of direction by the Al Qaeda network and a new scare for the already ignorantly paranoid americans led by President George W. Bush Jr. I think if Al Qaeda would succeed in these operations it would spark the Al Qaeda flame to new levels world wide.

Reuters story
www.reuters.com...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, looks like i'm going to have to grow my own food....damn.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
when will this al-qhoweverthehellyouspellit crap go away? it's like chicken little b.s. anymore.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I am feeling queeesy right now. Could they have already gotten to my food supply??????????

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is what NTI has to say:

1 (Main site, look at: Other Issues)

www.nti.org...

nti.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well all i can say is lets hope this kind of thing does not happen!!

But what would be the best way of doing this?

I would assume water would be the most effective way to cause havoc?

*shudders at the thought*

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The article mentions foot & mouth disease ... but the Masai have dealt with it for years with no ill affects as this following item states ...

Foot-and-mouth disease is widespread in Kenya, as it is in other African nations and across Asia, South America and the Middle East. An outbreak of the infectious illness, which causes sores in the mouths and on the feet of cattle and other livestock, hardly causes a stir here.

In fact, the Masai call foot-and-mouth disease "oloirobi," the same word they use for the common cold. The last outbreak occurred about two years ago.

When outbreaks do happen in these green hills, the Masai quarantine the infected animals. They grind traditional herbs with hot salt water and apply them to the sores. Or they burn tree roots and apply the ashes. They paste cow dung on the wounds to stop flies from hovering and spreading the virus. Sometimes, a village elder performs traditional rituals to help the cattle.

Then, Masai herders simply wait a few days. If their cattle aren't cured, they head to the nearest veterinarian to get the foot-and-mouth vaccine ...

In Europe, vaccinations are costly and can hinder tracking of the disease because vaccinated livestock carry the same antibodies as those that are infected. Still, Britain announced last week that it would start injecting livestock and would rethink ways to care for infected animals.

The debilitating disease poses no health risks to humans, but the losses from the reduced production of meat and milk are severe. It was first detected in Britain on Feb. 19 and has spread to France, the Netherlands and Ireland, jeopardizing businesses and shutting down horse tracks, parks and nature reserves.

www.organicconsumers.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
NO...........really? well thx for telling me, mr. obvious!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think hitting a particular sector for example the farming or soft-drink sector would be most effective for the purpose on the larger scale, damaging the U.S. morale and world economic position. Poisoning parts of the fresh water supply would of course do high damage to domestic morale but less economic.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Foot & Mouth disease only affects politicians, I thought.

On a side note did you read this part?

"What scares us, what keeps us up at night, is not that I expect to see al Qaeda coming over the beaches. What keeps me up at night is that foreign animal diseases are all over the world" and could be introduced here, said Maureen McCarthy, the head of research and development at the Department of Homeland Security's science and technology unit.

I could just see a group of terrorists sitting around an old TV with a pen and some paper saying "Thanks for the ideas, retards."

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I guess being and Indiana farm girl is too my advantage at this point, and soooooo many people made fun of me.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
you got it all wrong, we have already have most of the diseases entering this country by natural means, birds bring the avian flu, cattle crossing borders with mad cow, it is now the Administration that is using these natural events that we as a country should have more closer control of to blame Al-Qaeda and keep us in terror. If Avian Flu, mad cow, hoof and mouth or whatever disease spreads in animals and affect our food supply, the only people that should be blamed is the FDA and the Administration for not acting accordingly.

Gimme a break, Al-Qaeda are a group of radical men who like to play with guns and bombs, they want things to explode and go boom, this administration is giving them too much credit by suggesting that natural diseases in animals pr contaminated food supplies are related to Al-Qaeda.

it will be our own governments fault if this does occur, not the terrorists.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
worldwatcher got a big point there i think.

...still poisoning, coca cola for example would be a strong move by al qaeda

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility.

For the idea of terrorism to be a success, it must be a surprise (duh I know).

top topics

join