It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for the breaking news forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is there any way that the breaking news forums could be set up so that people had to actually click on the article in question and read it before posting?

It seems like a lot of the bickering on those threads is the direct result of people who have not read the article getting into arguments with people who actually have. You see a lot of people who are very expressive about their opinions on what they thought the article said, but all too often it turns out they had simply misunderstood something after having only read the short quote provided in the original post.

It gets tiring when every time the topic starts into a new page, somebody has to re-explain to somebody new to the thread that they've missed extremely important points in the news article that weren't highlighted in the original posts's quote.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Is there any way that the breaking news forums could be set up so that people had to actually click on the article in question and read it before posting?

Probobly not, even if they had to click the link first, there is still no guarantee that they will actually read it. I have a similar problem with many people don't read a whole thread before posting in it. Reading the articles and the entire thread is standard practice, or at least I had thought.

It's generally easy to tell who's read them and who hasn't though. And I bet they feel pretty ignorant when they get called on it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

They probably do...

The irony is they probably all clain to be denying ignorance whilst they're at it.

join