It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: Muslims now outnumber Catholics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I found this interesting, not so much the headline, but why the Vatican felt the need to be the ones to tell us?

Is it to provoke a reaction? Or accept the decline of catholic numbers?

What does the head line mean to you?

"For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us," Monsignor Vittorio Formenti said in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano. Formenti compiles the Vatican's yearbook.

Maybe its partly due to this reason??

"It is true that while Muslim families, as is well known, continue to make a lot of children, Christian ones on the contrary tend to have fewer and fewer," the monsignor said.

Source.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I definitely think that the only reason this claim was made is to incite hatred. This is almost as bad as telling the white population of the USA that we are now a minority compared to Blacks - it would be trigger an all out race war - in this case, a religious war. Who cares if there is one, or a billion people who follow a religion? If that religion gives you the comfort, security, and hope that you so desperately need, then thats the one you should follow.

Just another way of getting the world support violence between two known rival factions, and i'm sure it will be damn successful.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
*laughs*

The Arabian Nights are almost upon us my brothers!

Let us celebrate by avoiding our muslim tenets of drinking and generally having a good time by going out into the night and giving those religious infidels a bloody good beating!

But seriously, i think this is something that potentially could have been acknowledged a fair while ago.

new topics

join