It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Finds New Nebula with Small Telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is just to crazy. Guy looking with a small telescope finds a Nebula.

Where did it come from? It just apeared?

In an era of huge ground-based telescopes, clever robotic sky scanners and powerful observatories in orbit, there are few deep space objects in our galaxy that escape notice by professional astronomers. So no one was more surprised about the discovery of a new nebula than the amateur who stumbled upon it with his small backyard telescope.

www.tennessean.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. Best bit is you get it named after you!

It is a wonder though that it wasn't spotted. Just goes to show the vastness of space I suppose.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think it may be no wonder at all that it wasn't spotted, or should I say withheld from pulic view?

Thats the very same direction that the 12th planet (Planet X) is coming from and looks through a telescope exactly like a nebula as it is surrounded by a huge cloud of debris and gas!

It explains why it was not spotted before (or just withheld) and also why it didnt show up, its obviously moving and is closer now than it was before....

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
see, is things like this that make me happy, that some dude can just go out with a telescope and find a nebula. just makes me smile.

i think its easy enuf to not see one. space is big, huge, etc. as the deep space pic from hubble shows, its really a lot to focus on jsut one spot. u can scan the entire universe for data like that, its not worth the money or the time

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Already posted and discussed on ATS: www.atsnn.com... Important board feature.

top topics

join