It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Iraq...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There are fighter jets flying maneuvers over the north Atlanta suburbs right now. I can assure you this is pretty rare for mid-week, as it's usually reserved for weekend training exercises.

The house shook a bit as they roared overhead. Two passes so far. Birds got quiet, dogs started barking, kid got nervous and mom just tried to reassure. All for just the briefest of moments.

At this five year point it really makes me feel for the citizens of Iraq. Endless war. Demolished infrastructure. Few if any public services. How their daily lives must be filled with impossible drama, frustration and fear.

Can you even imagine if the U.S. had to endure such circumstances in the modern age? People would lose their minds. No electricity, no water or at least only for a few hours a day. Limited supplies and groceries. And yet people in Iraq and war torn areas go about their lives as best they can. Living, working, coping.

We Americans are so cushioned. So blessed. So blind. I guess on such a beautiful day I will take my child back outside, appreciate the peace that surrounds us and pray for it to spread.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You get first hand knowledge from your feelings and I think you see it clearly and right. Its terrible, war is.

Why US officials are training in abandoned city, and Army is working in huge bases. Because the sound of war is not nice.

rawstory.com...

Its because officials dont want you to see, hear, or feel what war is all about.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You are right. I think they would definitely prefer that we did not think about it at all,. especially come election day. They would much prefer that we go about our business as usual and let them do what ever they want - after all if it doesn't directly affect us, Americans tend to not care.

Only today, for a few minutes as the jets were doing their thing, low and fast, and the air vibrated and the engines roared - I did think about, realistically, what it must be like to have to live that everyday. As a parent, I can only imagine it is the worst hell on earth. For civilians and for soldiers.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Why US officials are training in abandoned city, and Army is working in huge bases. Because the sound of war is not nice.

rawstory.com...

Its because officials dont want you to see, hear, or feel what war is all about.

Well, actually, they train in abandon towns like that because they can tear them up and not worry about hurting anyone.

People tend to get upset when simulators start blowing up in the 'hood.

top topics

join