It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAF and PLAAF to hold Air Exercises!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
And what have we here?

This kind of information never fail to surprise me.
Has China engaged in Air Exercises with other major air forces in the last 10-15 years? Maybe Russia right?

Lets hope that this does materialize and lets that the J-10, J-11, Su-30MKI, Mirage 2000 etc will be a part of this exercise.

I await this with the same (maybe even more?) anticipation as the IAF participation in Red Fla 08!

www.bharat-rakshak.com...

Any chatter on the Chinese information channels Chinawhite?

wonder how Pakistan feel about this..

EDIT: Iskander and StellarX are going to have a ball with this?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Daedalus3]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
erm WOW

i mean - WOW

this has never happened - they hate each other - whats the chance an accident or 3 might occur in the heat of an engagement?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Isn't this a sign of the Apocalypse or something?

My insanity aside, I think this will turn out to be interesting. In particular I want to see the results of the MKI's and MKK's.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I am more interested in tactics used. Although I am sure that there will not be a large amount of specific information released, I would like to know if the PLAAF will use Western tactics or use the old Soviet era tactics of Ground Intercept Controllers. If China allows their pilots to fight independently of GIC, I definitely want to see some results! The IAF has a good air force and they train well. It will be interesting to see what kind of resistance the PLAAF puts up to some well trained, well equipped pilots. I am sure US intelligence assets will be all over this one.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
My insanity aside, I think this will turn out to be interesting. In particular I want to see the results of the MKI's and MKK's.

Unless the is a major skill differential in the MKI and MKK drivers, the MKI should come up on top a majority of the times.
The MKI is a much more capable a/c as compared to the MKK ; Radar, TVC, avionics, canards are some of the major differences.
The main difference in radar, which (w/o the inclusion of AWACS) gives the better radar (N011M bars on the MKI as opposed to N001VEP on the MKKMk2) a/c to manuever into a better position at BVR, and thats what counts.
CW correct me if I am wrong here.

Btw, where is chinawhite on this? I was hoping he could give some inputs on the chinese media showing this? Or this has not yet shown up there?
Also, which major (4th gen) air force has the PLAAF/PLANAF paired off against in the last 10-15 years? I'm guessing the Russian AF and the PAF?
The PAF still does not have any true operational 4th gen a/c so that may not count. However as far a skill and professionalism goes, the PAF is a very good AF to take pointers from. They've held their own against the best of the USSR and Israel, albeit is slightly better a/c.

I want to see J-10 vs Mirage 2000 Mk5 as well.
I want to see MiG-29 vs J-11 ( Zhuk radars comparable?).
I can't wait!
Hope it happens for real!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by armchairaviator
I am more interested in tactics used. Although I am sure that there will not be a large amount of specific information released, I would like to know if the PLAAF will use Western tactics or use the old Soviet era tactics of Ground Intercept Controllers. If China allows their pilots to fight independently of GIC, I definitely want to see some results! The IAF has a good air force and they train well. It will be interesting to see what kind of resistance the PLAAF puts up to some well trained, well equipped pilots. I am sure US intelligence assets will be all over this one.

And that is precisely where my question in the above post is directed.

"Which major 4th gen AF has the PLAAF/PLANAF had exercises with in the last 10-15 years? Is this the first one except for Russia maybe?"

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Btw, where is chinawhite on this? I was hoping he could give some inputs on the chinese media showing this? Or this has not yet shown up there?

I believe its still in the process of negotiation and no final dates have been released, but it should be sometime in 2009 which is to be held in India.

Its been called "Joint-combat" which could be something boring like "Emergency landings drills" or mid-flight re-fueling" or something interesting like mock combat. I am unaware of any joint-operations between any country. I'm fairly sure that the PLAAF has not had any air to air exercises with any country including Russia so any mock combat would be a first

CW correct me if I am wrong here.

All correct on those points, I would be surprised if the MKK had any advantage over the MKI being mainly designed for ground attack purposes. I think it has a better IRST OLS-31. What I am really interested in is how the J-10 goes, apparently it has a high ratio against Su-27 fighters when they were in mock combat BVR and dog-fights

Earlier this year or late last year there was a Joint-army exercise in Kunning, China. Another ground exercise is to be held in September and then a air exercise in 2009. Changing times, imagine this 3 years ago

It would be nice to see how far the Chinese airforce has progressed over the last 15 years of training reforms

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
D3,

Any info on the progress of the naval Tejas?

I found a picture of the 2-seat trainer

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

I haven't been keeping up much with this. Let me have a look. Any relevance to this thread? Hows the Varyag operationalization going with those Su-33Ks due sometime soon?

top topics

join