It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunting, Help required please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
On the 8th of august I am going on a ghost hunt to the station hotel that was featured on the program Most Haunted here in the UK. I have been out to buy a Sony handycam with night shot plus that works better than I had expected, and I already own a digital camera that I will be taking with me.
I know there are ways people would appreciate me to try and capture evdence but as this is my first real ghost hunt I am pretty new to it. There are ways when you see investigations on the T.V where you think well they should have done this or done something different and this is why I am asking you to help me. Please give me Ideas to how you would carry out such an investigation with limited equipment, or equipment I could pick up very cheap (spent alot on the handycam
). Tips, suggestions and guidence will be very much appreciated, And of course ATS will be the first place I post my findings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theukman

Well, there's no evidence that ghosts exist apart from pictures and videos, so you've got a good challenge ahead of you

To get credible results, try to get decent evidence. Use cameras together, so any image will be picked up by multiple sources. Keep an analytic mind - be prepared to throw out any evidence that has a mundane explanation (ie orbs are out instantly, shadows need decent examination before being ruled in, etc.).

And one last thing - don't run around channeling Gorillas like Derek Acorah does :-P

Good luck! I hope you share your findings with us!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theukman

Have you ever seen a spirit or had any supernatural happen to you before? No matter how much you think your ready, it will still scare the dickens out of you.

I wouldn't recommend doing this alone. If this is your first time I wouldn't try any aggressive tactics like trying to provoke a spirit. They may not like that. Also consider yourself a guest, if your getting a vibe that you shouldn't be there, take it as a hint.

Other than bringing some fancy equipment, make sure all your senses are sharp, and have fun.

join