It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh... What do you all think of this book from 1977?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
cgi.ebay.com...

Just thought this was pretty odd.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Eh, just coincidence. The plot summary is '12 days of terror' and 911 is of course the emergency number... sounds like a terrible book

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
the '11' looks like the towers, but, in that font, it could look like nothing else. Of course, fire on the top of them is creepy, but again, it would have either been on the top of the numbers or the bottom.

Now, if you have read the book and it has any similarities, then that is another thing, and please bring it up. There are some sites that have complete books on line for reading.

You can try here: Online Books Page

or here: Page by Page Books

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Huh! Actually quite interesting if just a coincidence. I had always wondered about the 911 system and how far back it goes. As far as I can remember and back to '77 anyway.

Wikipedia:

In 1968, a solution was agreed upon. AT&T had chosen the number 911, which met the requirements that it be brief, easy to remember, dialed easily, and that it worked well with the phone systems in place at the time. How the number 911 itself was chosen is not well known and is subject to much speculation. However, many assert that the number 911 was chosen to be similar to the numbers 2-1-1 (long distance), 4-1-1 (information, later called "directory assistance"), and 6-1-1 (repair service), which had already been in use by AT&T since 1966. Also, it was necessary to ensure that the 9-1-1 number was not dialed accidentally, so 9-1-1 made sense because the numbers "9" and "1" were on opposite ends of a phone's rotary dial.

The author almost certainly did not know the significance, but that's not to say someone else didn't get an idea from this book.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have not read the book. I just stumbled upon it via an ebay search of the word "terrorist." Thank you all for the input. I understand it is most likely a co-ink-e-dink, but I just had to see the response.

new topics

top topics

join