It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hello everyone.

Well thought i'd post up here seen as there is quite a few members who know there stuff involving webdesign.

Basically i have set up my own business ( i'm located in Scotland ) which is a PR Firm.

I set my website up using a package called MR Site, simple template package allows you some editing capabilities. This is only temporary for the mean time as looking to get a more professional look.

I am very interested in Web design and was looking for some advice/opinions on different web design software for beginners, which is the best etc

www.Head-Turners.net is my current website.

Any advice would be appreciated

Colin

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I just took a look at it. The design looks and feels good. The navigation is easy which is very important.

The company address is missing, people will have more trust in you if you have an address listed on your site.

The links on the linkpage are in blue and not very readable.

I completely understand the link between the cars and the pr, but maybe people who don't do anything car related think you are exclusivly doing pr for car related things.

The models are very pretty but the explicite pics could prevent more old fashion people from hiring you. But I think this is probably allready been thought of, and you've chosen to have a more young lifestyle look for your company.

Personally I wouldn't put a forum on my company website as people may confuse what's said there by visitors as your opinion.

Please do keep the red and black look, it looks very good, very strong. It's also a very strong branding concept.

I hope this helps!

Good luck to you,

Ambushrocks

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the feedback ambushrocks, very appreciated.

Surely someone out of all the members on here has experience using web design software? can no one give me any advice?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Lol... I completely read over the software part. Microsoft Expression Web is a good beginners pack, but personally I'm more into dreamweaver. It has a somewhat steep learning curve but if you can get yourself over that you have the most extensive website editor. It also works great in combination with flash.

To edit css I use firebug, which is a firefox add on. It shows you what you do straight away and you can use it right from your browser.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
Lol... I completely read over the software part. Microsoft Expression Web is a good beginners pack, but personally I'm more into dreamweaver. It has a somewhat steep learning curve but if you can get yourself over that you have the most extensive website editor. It also works great in combination with flash.

To edit css I use firebug, which is a firefox add on. It shows you what you do straight away and you can use it right from your browser.

Don't be duped man, Dreamweaver is easy to use and is industry standard until something else comes out that is better... Tie that in with CS3 and you're in business... You can create anything you want... I would also recommend getting the latest version of Fireworks too..

For Photoshop filters I recommend anything by alien skin... Works great with Photoshop CS3 as well as Illustrator CS3..

If you want really intense sites look into Flash, but unlike Dreamweaver it isn't as easy to learn... :shk:

new topics

top topics

join