It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grissom AFB in Kokomo, IN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Grissom Air Force Base is located in Kokomo, IN and was shut down by the government years ago due to them no longer needing the installation. I live fairly close to Kokomo and have gone to Indy on numerous trips. Now, this base was supposedly to be cleared out of most of the fighters and jets owned by the military and the base was going to be used for emergencies and as a museum. There is also suppose to be no more government spending on that base as well. Over the past couple of years, they have been building a lot of various buildings, hangers, and towers. Some of the older hangers, on nice days, are open and you can see that there are fighter jets there (I'm not sure what they are). Obviously, there really isn't anything secretly going on with these jets or they would keep the hangers closed so that the public can't see them. But if the military is no longer using this base (and when it closed, there was nothing about storing anything military related there. After it did officially closed, they pulled everything out, but now it looks like it might be in service again) then why all the action there? I can't seem to find anything anywhere about what is going on there and was wondering if anyone might know anything. I don't think anything strange is going on there, but its just weird that the base was shut down and supposedly had no more funding, and there is now some traffic going on. This has been going on prior to 9/11, so thats out of the picture. I just haven't been able to find anything for about a year about it. If ya know anything or know where I could find anything out, other than calling down there (prerecorded message, stating the times that the museum is open), I gladly be appreciated by the information. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Maybe they just changed their minds?

new topics

join