It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we knew?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ok i was thinking about this the other day and thought i'd post it just to get some opinions, what do you think the world would be like if we knew that God DID exist?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't think it would be much different. I believe that the vast majority of people believe that God exists.

Do you mean if we had more proof that God was not the 'great clockmaker' and was more active in our existence? That might shake some people up.

Eric

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MKULKTRA121

which one?

if certain deities existed it wouldn't much change my life...
others, not so much

let's say thor existed, my life would simply become a tiny bit more awesome.
but if allah existed, i'd have to change a few things about my life.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Depending on what this theoretical "God" turned out to be, there would be anything from no change (if God was determined to be an infinite super-consciousness existing in multiple dimensions and so incomprehensible to humanity that there was really no way we could interact with it, e.g., via prayer), or cringing fear (if it was a jealous, Old Testament God of vicious wrath that doesn't think twice about killing humanity off).

Maybe we'd be luck and that whole "God is love" thing would be accurate, which would be nice because we're at least sort of familiar with love.

It it turned out to be a big, Zeus-like, Grandpa in the Sky, who had a long white beard and robe and lived in Heaven in the clouds, who watches out for you when you cross the street and likes when you listen to your parents and do your homework, that would just seem bizarre, since the image is so childish and comic-book like.

So I guess it would all depend on what this thing was like. I know a lot of people who would be shocked if it turned out to be Allah, or Brahma, or black skinned, or had red skin, horns and a forked tail. No, they wouldn't dig that at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Someone called Coast to Coast, last night, to say that the shroud was tested over and was found to come from the first century.
(some critics of the other radio-carbon test have clained that the material used came from the patches.)
I think the host and guest agreed that it kind f ruins religion to have proof of God.
I, for one kind of like the idea that the shroud was real.
I went to the cathedral in Turin to check it out and was not even able to get in the door.
(They were doing renovations on the building.)
I was thrilled to have my picture taken standing at the door.
The biggest surprise to me was how there was no attention given to the shroud, in this city.
I had invisioned a table set up with nuns selling picture postcards.
I had to go back home without any "shroud" souvenirs.
Turns out the Church does not want to recognize the shroud as authentic.
Maybe they do not want any science messing things up.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Actually some of us do...

You can too but it's not easy though...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The systems of man today, would not be in existence under mankinds living under Gods will.

Even though half of the planet believes there is a God, doesnt mean we are living the Good way.

Gods way would be the end of strife.

Mankind of today knows that which is oppressive and wrong unto oneself yet perpetrates the action upon another, even in the face of acknowledging God.

Peace

[edit on 25-3-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Honestly, as someone who does believe in God, I don't know that it would make a difference. As already stated, many, if not most people, already believe that there is a deity, it doesn't seem to have much impact on their actions.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

We can see he truth of this from scripture. Right after the Jews saw the Red Sea parted and all these miracles were performed first hand they still had weak faith. Moses goes away for only a few weeks on the mountain. And bingo they are worshiping a Golden calf in no time. Everytime I read Exodus I just want to smack them upside the head.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

How can you be so sure of that?

Not a one liner.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Not a one liner.

Our Father, who is in Heaven
Holy is his name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven

His will is Love one another. The summation of all the law, and the will of the Father as spoken by Jesus Christ himself.

Its a promise, which is documented throughout the bible....
Its a promise, I heard personally myself...

How might mankind be if we truly all loved one another as family?

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat; The calf, the young lion, and the fattened calf together; and a little child will lead them.

Malachi 4:2
"But for you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in his wings. You shall go forth leaping like calves from the stall.

Just as one cannot bring witness to others in regards to their own personal dreams, so it is that I cannot bring witness to you for that which I know other then my word.

So to go back to your original question...of :

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Not a one liner

The answer is yes. ( end of line 1 )
I can ( end of line 2 )
why? (end of line 3 )
Because he said so ( end of line 4 )

The Truth is the Truth is the Truth.
The Truth Terminates hate
and ultimately restores the Truth.

Like I said...because he said so...Personally

Peace

[edit on 25-3-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Ah ok, I was not aware you believe in a christian god.

Never mind then.

top topics

join