It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long rande strike aircraft.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.space.com...

The U.S. Air Force's proposed Long Range Strike Aircraft (LRSA) will use technologies enabling a rapid global delivery of force from bases located in the continental United States.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Been here, seen that...

Aurora XST
Buzzard

Think about it...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
can be but found this just now on a new page of the space.com

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
People who know about Aurora know that this plane which you've displayed is a concept of it... Please do not think I am putting you down... it's a good find.

It's just there is already a lot of knowledge of this sort.

More information of a soon-to-be long range bomber here:
www.air-attack.com...

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by htown]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nothing new sorry. You should learn to search ATS

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nice image Mark...
I did a post on the Long Range Strike project currently in R&D a few months back, here's the link:

B-3- what do you think/hope it might be?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hmm I dunno why personaly we are pumping I mean the gov is pumping money into palnes when we can install sattelite weapon platforms that can strike any target at anytime anywhere. I mean the planes look great but it seems to be a little old planes come on we know that who ever dominates space will dominate the world. Planes and fighters etc will be needed but I think this might be some kind of misdirection.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
MAN the first thing I thought when I saw that image is that its damn close to Aurora.

VERY VERY VERY close. So close its only missing a few small details near the trailing edge.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You can even see the pulse-det micro ring in the exhaust.

Very cool

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
kriskaos - the US needs a bomber that it can base out of the US to attack targets over seas because we do not want to rely on airbases outside the US.

As for space based weapons, while they represent the ultimate highground, i do not believe that the US is ready to place the majority of its air defence in space, both from a financial and technological standpoint.

This represents the best alternative to the US before we do put most of our trust in space.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is very simular to the B-3 thread. I've been trying to fallow the development of this type of plane for years. I'm getting the feeling that the term Long Range Heavy Strike Aircraft (LRHSA) may replace the term bomber in a few years as the types of weapons carried on these planes evolves. what ever the term for them I believe these planes will always exist in one form or another as long as people fight wars using airpower.
Tim

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Eh space base weapons let me think they are for start illegal by inernational law. Then hmm other country thinks how do i knock them out the sky leave USA defencless lets nuke the sky blow every electrical surcuit up there bye bye USA defence role on the invasion think about it they need the planes to defend there intrest in space you cant solely depend on one stragic area you build for one and defend it with another.

new topics

top topics

join