It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trick of the mind at Readers Poll – or is it just me :o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi Folks

Check this out – The Sydney Morning Herald website has a Readers Poll about the Beijing Olympics in China:

Should sports teams boycott them?

Notice on the right side the ad: FREE$20BET

When I looked first I did read: FREE TIBET

Is this intentional?

I thought this is pretty cool and maybe the media is trying out different things to influence people… buy maybe this is just me… looking for conspiracy?

[edit on 21-3-2008 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That is true. At first glance, it does look like "Free Tibet." I don't want to lean on the side that it is a subliminal message or anything, but the way that is put is kind of strange. The news article is likely to attract many people form around the world, seeing as it is about the Olympics. I know this isn't exactly the right forum to put this in, but don't you think that the Olympics should have a different name? I know that they started in Athens or Greece, but now that they are a world-wide event, I think they should at least have a new name that doesn't favor anyone. I am referring to Olympians, the superior beings back in ancient times, for those of you that didn't understand what I was talking about. Anyway, that is a very interesting find. Maybe someone could help get to the root of this ad and figure out if it is some kind of subliminal message or if it is just a coincidence.

Kudos

DTOX X

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by frozen_snowman

Nice find, Frozen-Snowman.

(Just don't call it "conspiracy"... pretty please!)

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'd guess ad companies are learning to use hot topics to advertise. Tie your ad onto a story people will click on, such as the olympics, and create an Ad that looks similar to a controversial part of the story, such as "free tibet"- This is stuff marketing companies drool over, an effective ad that makes people look once, twice, maybe even three times because they think its part of thr story. Perfect.

new topics

top topics

join