It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show 08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Above Politics Show 08

Martin and Justin welcome back ATS Moderator Harlem Hottie, a.k.a. "Corrine," who fills them in on her latest efforts to investigate the lost votes in her district. Have the New York City police played some role in this possible voter fraud? ATS Member Xpert11 wins the trivia challenge. Martin and Justin each get a little soap box time to rant about the importance of voting and the need to defend that precious legal right. Is your vote safe?

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS SHOW THREAD ONLY OR GO TO THE ABOVEPOLITICS.COM HOME BELOW

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

VISIT The ABOVE POLITICS Home NOW

length: 36:30
file: atsmix_2870.mp3
size: 12833k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 3/21/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
As for the trivia question my guess would be a jar of jelly beans .

Here are a couple of AP threads that deal with the Tibet issue.

NZ government response

Tibet not short on natural resources

China has gotten away with the occupation because the Tibetan people are culturally a more peaceful then other nations and culturals . That is why the CIA has never bothered to try and supply arms to any of the native Tibetan interdependence groups.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
As for the trivia question my guess would be a jar of jelly beans.

You are corrrect! Ronald Reagan first adopted the jelly bean habit as a self-help mechanism to quit smoking. He later found that they put people at ease. The media gave him a lot of kidding when it was discovered that he had jelly beans on his desk, in the White House.

Dave will be by with your brand new applause points just as soon as they are made from scratch. The exact recipe is a secret, but I am told they need time to cool off before they can be handled safely.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Justin_Case]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin_Case

Dave will be by with your brand new applause points just as soon as they are made from scratch. The exact recipe is a secret, but I am told they need time to cool off before they can be handled safely.

DONE!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I would not disagree with you xpert11 on the peace nature of the Tibetan people but the rest of the world could have exercised much more pressure on China. As I ranted on the show, the rest of world has just let China get away with this invasion, and if the Olympics can be used to highlight this grave injustice then I am very happy for this to be done.

While I accept that Tibet does have natural resources, The US does not see a huge need for the resources that lie beneath Tibet, so is not that interested in righting this huge wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Martin Bain

the US government knows how important it is to invade other smaller countries. it strikes fear into the rest of the world of just how crazy you are. so..china invading tibet? yawn...business as usual.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Martin I admit that this years Olympics remind me of the 1936 games in Berlin . The problem is that there is no bargaining chip or leverage to use against China . Take the people who activity protest the Chinese occupation of Tibet chances are the shirts on there backs are made in China.

I have yet to see any boycott Chinese made products campaigns.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Again, you have hit this one on the head. We have nothing to hit China with. Currently it seems the world needs China more than China cares about what we say.

And who is up for a boycott of Chinese made products? It could be done but you would have to pay far more for clothes and electronics and I guess most people are more interested in cheap goods that the moral position of the country that makes them.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm pleased to report that Martin and I will be able to bring you another insightful interview. How do you follow up HaelemHottie? Several of you had suggestions. We chose ATS Member donwhite, who will appear on Show #9. Don is a member of long standing, with very defined views on the state of today's Democratic party, and the future of America.

If you have any questions for donwhite, please post them here. Martin and I will be sure that he doesn't get off the hook...I mean...we'll make sure he answers your questions.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well a boycott Chinese made products campaign might be more feasible in other parts of the world . From reports from relatives concerning there travels it seems that in The Netherlands the likes of clothes are still made locally .

Maybe another member could confirm this ?

If you are wondering why I used the term feasible then check out this article

BTW good choice of guest now I am certainly looking forward to the next show.
It would be a good idea to seek members questions for guests in a seperate thread to ensure maxim exposure.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
BTW good choice of guest now I am certainly looking forward to the next show.
It would be a good idea to seek members questions for guests in a seperate thread to ensure maxim exposure.

For the time being, we've been asked to keep guest questions in these numbered show threads. As our popularity grows, we may eventually earn the right to have other threads. For now, we need to stay on good terms with Dave. Especially me. I've been making him very cranky these days.

Post your questions for Don in this thread, please. Don't be bashful. give him your bst shot. Don't hold back.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Justin and I have had a load full of u2u with questions for ATS member donwhite but you still have the chance to post questions for Don in this show thread, so, do not be shy

new topics

top topics

join