It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology Stikes back at Anon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
In answer to the recent attacks on the C.O.S they have now released a website dedicated to explaining the "Religion" to the interested.

"It has been attacked, venerated, questioned and praised. The adjectives used to describe it are many and varied,"

"Whatever you may have heard concerning Scientology, we present the following as a brief overview of our beliefs, who we are, what we do and the many humanitarian programs sponsored by our church."

Watch the videos at
Scientology.org

I never knew they were such a lovely bunch of people

Scientology must be taking the recent attacks by Anonomous as very serious to give such a direct response as this.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The fact that L ron Hubbard stole documents from the O.T.O, through the brilliant yet unsatable Jet propulsion founder Jack Parsons...Took his wife also i may add...
And I think its one of Hubbards famous quote that states "The only way to make serious money is to Start a Relgion"

[edit on 20-3-2008 by gmac1000]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh I bet you they're just loving all the attention being handed to them through the media, internet, etc.

Perhaps this was planned. Perhaps they planned to set up this new fancy web site.

[edit on 20/3/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
Oh I bet you they're just loving all the attention being handed to them through the media, internet, etc.

Perhaps this was planned. Perhaps they planned to set up this new fancy web site.

I remember reading about the early history of the Mormons some years ago and the conclusion was that if they had not been given the publicity of criticism and constantly been chased out of towns, then they probably would have just eventually petered out. I think the saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity applies - it serves the purpose of raising the profile and there are plenty of sad, lonely and vunerable people out there who will see an underdog and therefore a reflection of themselves in Scientology - plus all those sad lonely people who worship at the cult of celebrity which Scientology provides amply for.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I wonder if someone could trace the location of the person who made those videos denouncing Scientology. Then maybe we could get a better idea of who they are and who they might be working with.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

...they fabricated videos, how sweet

seriously, take a look at the "terrorist attack on religion" section of their propaganda

1: it's in hi-res...all anon vids are posted on youtube, so this means they had access to the source material
2: anon doesn't condone violence or terrorism
3: anon doesn't consider scientology to be a religion

...so yeah, they kind of fail
oddly enough, reporting a bomb threat when there isn't a bomb threat is considered a felony in california...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
I wonder if someone could trace the location of the person who made those videos denouncing Scientology. Then maybe we could get a better idea of who they are and who they might be working with.

I don't like the Anon people, instinctively, I couldn't exactly say why or what it is that gets my hackles up, but something about them doesn't taste right. They remind me a little of the 'Fight Club' mentality, but there is something somewhat exclusively male about it, something a little too polished and something a little too timely. They don't strike me as being spontaneous, plus, I have a problem with them hiding behind a mask - why hide if you are on the side of right, if they have numbers or if they are not 'terrorists'.

With Scientology, well, they are what they are, a money making machine, that gives succour to those who feel that they can buy their way to righteousness. I agree with, in part, some of what they say about the use of psychology and psychiatry, and on other issues too. But mostly I think that they stink, actions speak louder than words in my book and if you have to slag people off to sell your point then the point is automatically lost. They are clever, they are manipulative but what powerful organisation isn't. Which takes us back to the Anon people, that same air exists...

Anon are giving far more to Scientology than they are taking away, and by reciprocating Scientology are doing the same for Anon....I just don't like any of it, my gut tells me that it is manipulation whichever side of the coin you look at. And, I suspect that any attempt to investigate would lead you back to the point that you started - round and round. For my part i would rather ignore them both in the hope that they go away. Nothing good is to be found here (IMO).

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
One of the most interesting things I find about Scientology is that in spite of all the evil that is apparent in it and all the commercial exploitation in it's church is that it works. Like any religion it invokes peace and self-worth in it's followers. That's why so many adhere to it. I am an avid fan of XenuTV and I have witnessed the ugly behavior of some of it's followers.

I was raised Catholic and as I grew older I had to come to grasps with all the evil the Catholic Church has done in the cause of good. To me that still doesn't undo the inherent good that lies in the heart of a true Catholic or Christian. (and I should say that I don't think there really was a Jesus Christ in the flesh, but to me that doesn't really matter, it is the message of Christ, not the man that matters). I don't need Scientology or Christianity to rid me of my "negative" feelings or Thetans or whatever you want to call them.

Scientology, as I have come to understand it, makes sense. I don't agree with their their condemnation of Psychology but to me that sounds very similiar to the Christian Scientists. Psychiatry works for some and Scientology works for others. Neither is going to cure cancer.

I have had no formal scientology training, heck I haven't even taken the "personality test" and I never will as I have no interest in organized religion or anything where someone will "show me the way". I have found "the way" within myself as I believe we all must do, but my way is not necessarily your way. I learned this when I was 9 years old and The Who released "Tommy".

I am not talking about Xenu and aliens or any of that crap, to me it is no different than Adam and Eve or Noah and his Ark. They are metaphors to those who have no other way to understand, and L Ron Hubbard was a sci-fi writer. (A poor one at that, as if Battlefield Earth wasn't a great example).

The evils and corruption that have attached themselves to Scientology is no surprise. It happens to everything that exists, it is the way of entropy. Second Law of Thermodynamics L Ron Hubbard's greed accelerated it's approach and probably caused it to be exaggerated and/but it is no better or worse than any religion I have found but I think it does have it's place in everyman's dogma.

It seems to me that Scientology's commercial aspect has hastened it's corruption/entropy. If they really mean what they preach I think it should be free and reachable to everyman or at least reasonable. Since it might have been commercially motivated it is no surprise that they appear to use their money to intimidate their opponents. If someone opposes it it decreases it's influence and therefore it's profitablity. To me that is lamentable. It decreases the beauty of the truth in any form or place whether it be Christianity, Islam, Scientology, or anything that you believe in.

Many people point out Tom Cruise's jumping on Oprah's couch over Katie Holmes and say, "Look the guy is crazy". I must say if I had Katie Holmes loving me, I would probably be jumping up and down on somebody's couch too. ( Might I add I am no fan of Tom Cruise and I do own a "Save Katie" T-Shirt) but that is all tongue-in-cheek.

So to me, Scientology, like any religion is corrupt and should be watched and kept on the straight and narrow but the help that it brings to it's adherents should be respected. Maybe what I mean is the old saying of "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater".

So I do condemn many of the actions of the Church of Scientology as I do many of the Catholic Church, or Islamic extremists, but I do not condemn the spirit of it. As the desiderata said, "With all it's sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world".

Peace and balance to all

top topics

join