It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja Vu in Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
A lot of people on this board have experienced deja vu, but has anybody else felt it in a dream? It feels especially odd (at least for me).

Typically, during a dream I think something along the lines of, "Hey, I remember this", and when I wake up, I feel like I might have had a dream about the same place before. After becoming fully awake and regaining the ability to remember past dreams, I see that I never have.

Thus far, I've had deja vu regarding these locations: a palace built in the Gothic style, a mausoleum on an island with a wooden bridge to it, and a colosseum-like ruin.

Does this happen to anyone else here, or does anybody have an explanation? Things that come to mind include the collective subconscious or past lives.

These occurances started about 2 months ago, and it's fair to say I have them about 1:4 with normal dreams.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have experienced such things. But i have thought that when one dreams one can access areas of memory that are blocked while awake.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yes OP, I have. However, mine was not a recurring dream like yours.
I remember nothing about the dream except that distinct deja vu feeling, and the fact that something similar happened to me in real life and I got that same, distinct feeling.

Strange deja vu would link my dreams with my real life, so my experience could in fact be unrelated to what OP is talking about.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yes quite a lot of the time. My dreams tend to have an associated "flavour", some feel like I am at home in an original place of peace and comfort, while others just feel familier or like they have happened before.

new topics

top topics

join