It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hello ATS members...I'm new here and was wondering if I could somehow get some clarification on a sighting that seemed quite odd to me. To this day I've tried to come up with an explanation with no luck. Your insight would be invaluable. Here goes....I've had three sightings so far, two were undeniably ufo’s but, one in particular was way too weird. It was a HUGE lime green sphere or oval shape that zoomed across the sky in a matter of seconds. There was no apparent object...just a fuzzy lime green haze that gradually became darker as it got to the middle. It was late in the evening so it was amazingly illuminated against the sky. It passed through the sky and went out of view behind the distant tree line. It seemed as if it should have hit the ground. There was no sound, no explosion, no apparent contact to the earth. I know that I was not the only one who witnessed this. In the distance behind the tree line is a major highway or street. The cars were honking their horns...dogs were barking all over the place. I jumped on the hood of the car in the driveway thinking somehow I could see something more. Unfortunately that was it...about three seconds in total. Man that thing was fast! My mind has never fully grasped the situation. Years have passed and it's still as fresh in my mind as ever. I remember thinking I would see it in the paper. I searched every darn paper I could get my hands on. Firstly because I needed clarification and secondly because my boyfriend at the time thought I'd gone nutty. Of course there was no article anywhere. I thought maybe a meteor, but the size of this thing was enormous. If it was, it would have wiped out the whole town. Anyway, I hope someone can help shed some light on this for me. I'll be happy to answer any questions if I can figure out how to use this site. Thanx

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaStar
It was a HUGE lime green sphere or oval shape that zoomed across the sky in a matter of seconds.

I don't know what you saw. I wasn't there, and even if I was I wouldn't necessarily know any more than you. However, it might have been a meteorite with a lot of copper in it. Vaporizing copper glows a very nice shade of green. Maybe that.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You definitely saw something abnormal, as to what i dunno. It's one of those things you will just have to ponder. But if it looked just like you described I mean I can't think of any kind of aircraft or source that has that appearance. Lol, you sure aren't crazy though. Sky is full of things that will make you go wtf did I just witness.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well there's always the "obligatory" swamp gas explanation LOL....has anyone here even seen "swamp gas"? Do you live close to any swamps or marshes? I like the post about a meteor with large copper content, most likely that I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I've seen many a meteor in my life. Could you maybe post a photo of the type of meteor you are describing. I tried to google it and came up with nothing. Thank you for such a quick reply.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Interesting sighting.

One thing you might do is get a standard UFO reporting form. Fill it out wrt your sighting. That way you know which observations are important.

Azimuth, distance above the horizon, apparent size (vs a dime/nickel held at ar's length), time to cross your line of sight, time of day, location, etc.

Use paragraphs, also, to improve ease of reading. Post it here if you want some input.

Thanks for the report.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Place: Rio Montana Dr., Marietta, Georgia

Time: Somewhere Between 8pm - 11pm

Date: 1998

Direction of object: East to NorthWest

Shape: Circle / Oval

Color: Lime green or neon green glowing light

I'm not sure what the indigenous forest tree in marietta is but, I'll use the pine tree as an example of the height. The object was approximately a 150 ft. above the size of a standard pine tree and maybe a couple hundred feet away from me to the south.

Now that that is established...When I said HUGE, I meant, maybe 150 ft in height and 200 ft in length. This thing was enormous and very very low to the ground moving very fast along the horizon to the West in a gradual decent until it was out of my ground line of sight over the treetops in the distance.

Has anyone ever heard of anything of the sort? Thanx for your time

new topics

top topics

join