It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good games for beginners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi all, i'm a newbie at games and i was wondering if anyone could give me some names of some games that would be good for a beginner? I'm looking for an easy game with a simple battlesystem (rpgs). I don't care what system it's on, my favorite types of games are action, adventure, roleplaying, dungeon crawler, god games, and city builders.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Above all I'm going to say Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Not only is this game fantastic for everyone, but it's easy to pick up and play. It offers both easy difficulty levels and some pretty insane levels, meaning it's a good starter game but will remain good even as you grow in skill.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
As a casual gamer (my hubby is the hardcore one) I would definitely recommend the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion -- it's hours of RPG goodness and simple to pick up and understand. Plus gorgeous graphics!

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

as said before, brawl, but i would also recommend resident evil four, and if you have an x-box, fable is a good game, as is halo(yup halo is a good game), but you didn't say which system you have, so its kinda hard to say

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok, don't laugh but I really liked a game called Bugs Bunny - Lost In Time! It was not easy, but not hard either. If you like classic cartoons than you will like this game. Kids love it and at least I loved it!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
World of Warcraft is fairly noob friendly early on...

Any sort of platformer should be easy enough as well...

Also check out dungeon siege 2, Space siege will be coming out soon.

Diablo 2 is good for hack and slash.

Spore is going to be fun check that out.

Check out the Command and Conquer series as well as Soul Caliber

(post by KellyNewborn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join