It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets For Freedom Florida Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Having served in the Marines and been through my share of "stuff" I can fully support this:

Republican congressional candidate Tom Rooney, has picked up the endorsement of the relatively new Vets for Freedom, a group of former military personnel who served in the Iraq or Afghanistan wars.

Taking aim at U.S. Rep. Tim Mahoney, the incumbent in the 16th Congressional District, Hegseth said, “The current representative of Florida’s 16th District not only voted on multiple occasions to set a timetable for retreat from Iraq, but after visiting Iraq continued to deny the progress that the new strategy has made possible. Clearly he does not recognize the threats that our country faces - Tom Rooney is the answer to this inherent weakness in Congress, and I am proud to offer the support of Vets for Freedom.”

NRCC News

While many on here are freely calling for the surrender in Iraq, many in the real world are also tired of hearing all the Main Stream Media reports of death and destruction. So instead of calling for our troops to surrender, how about we begin to equally advertise the incredible successes our brave men and women have made in Iraq?

The start to this is supporting those politicians that understand the reasons we are there and the good works we are doing.

Semper

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If certain veterans groups chose not to be apolitical that is there choice. As far as I can tell Vets for Freedom doesn't represented any particular unit. I would always be willing to do what I can to help the cause of the likes of Veterans health care but I certainly don't want to get involved in any mindless partisan Iraq war debates.

join