It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crying Girlfriend saw Strange Craft in Allentown, PA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hi.

As a matter of fact, this happened directly between the airport and the mall, in a large, heavily populated area. The distance between the airport and the mall is only about 2 miles. It happened between 9 and 10PM. Lot's of traffic.

It was supposedly no more than 2 hundred feet off the ground. Since then, we have driven past the airport a dozen times, and have seen many jets taking off and landing. Both my girlfriend and her friend say that what they saw hovering over the highway was much larger than a passenger jet.

Also, you have to understand that we have all lived less than a mile from the airport for 10 years now. We know what normal craft look like and how they behave.

It is just so strange that nobody has report anything.

She is calm now, and interest has replaced panic.

Thanks again everybody. But, again, it is so weird that nobody else reported anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I came across this thread through Google. I live in Whitehall and I saw something strange on the same day or around the same date. I saw these things during the day close to noon. I saw them around the area of Mcarthur Rd above the Walmart area moving slowly in a sharp turning motion. The objects are hard to describe. What I saw looked sorta cigar like. Or like a side view of a WWII P-51 mustang plane. It was very reflective metalic. Like the chrome version of the P-51. Above this shiny object was something really wierd. This object was black and looked like two boxes next to each other very close together. This black object was right on top of the shiny object at first, then it broke free and went off into another direction. I lost it behind some trees. The shiny object slowly moved out of site. I didn't mention this siting to anyone.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

OK . . . PhD in psychology talking here . . .

I see nothing wrong in suggesting gently that keeping a journal of interesting thoughts and dreams for the next 6-8 weeks might be a good way to work the sighting through back to a state of calmness etc.

That doesn't assert anything or lead her into anything specific . . . just suggests a process for becoming calm again.

IF anything surfaces in the journal over those weeks, THEN one could deal with it.

NOT dealing with it does NOT mean it will just go away. Such things tend to need some meaningful, emotional discussion to work them through.

The instruction for keep ing a journal would be to write at least one sentence per evening and keep it by one's bed in case any interesting dreams crop up during those weeks.

Just FWIW . . . mileage may vary; all at own risk etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thank you all for the concern for my girlfriend. She is doing fine, and not so rattled anymore. We met somebody else who says they actually saw some kind of jet-plane-like craft "hovering" overt he Allentown airport a week ago. The craft was accompanied by 3 dark helo's. So, although bizarre, it may be explainable. So far.
I know nothing about aircraft, but I was told it looked like a "Warthog", but was hovering.
This supposedly happened in broad daylight.

Chomps. I appreciate your story submission. I wish I could have seen that.

Whatever it is that is going on, people who are not familiar with our area cannot really appreciate how strange this all is.
This is a very populated area. Standing near the mall here, or the airport, you have to drive for a while to get anywhere that is isolated. As a matter of fact, you would swear you were in the middle of NJ.

So, for this stuff to be happening right near all these shopping centers, highways and industrial parks is just nuts.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SumnerKagan

I saw it too. I was coming home from work about 9:10 pm on that thursday, first I saw what I thought was a plane flying really low, but I soon realized it wasn't moving at all. The cars in front of me were all swerving and breaking, but still moving. When I got closer, I saw there were three very bright lights, white, in a triangle form and some blinking or flashing lights, red and other colors. When I was under it, I saw the bottom was silver. Keep in mind, I was freaking out, trying to look at this huge thing that was perfectly still over the highway and trying not to crash into the car infront of me. It was so low to the ground, over the highway lights and signs, but low. When cars got underneath this thing, they drove off much faster and so did I.
I thought about getting back on 22 to see it again, but I was histerical by that point. I got off the Cedar Crest exit and there was a police officer parked in the parking lot across from Weis, I was going to stop, but in my state he would have thought I was a lunatick, high or something. I am in my 40's, a professional, and drug free.
I relayed the story to my husband, I was screaming, crying and laughing at the same time. He believes I saw "something." I read your entry the next day and I had a breakdown, I really lost it. It took me until now to respond. I saw it again last friday night coming home from work, It was more off the highway this time and seemed higher in the sky. I tried to get my husband to go back onto 22 to see for himself but he wouldn't go with me. I'm terrified. Terrified.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
sounds like a lot of people saw whatever this was. surely someone had a cell phone camera and got a photo.

flagged for google returns

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I used to live in Allentown, PA and my cousin said they saw a UFO in the sky a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I lived next to the airport for 22 years and still live an work in the Lehigh Valley. I work night shift near Cedar Crest Blvd. I have seen all sorts of aircraft because of my exposure to the airshows that used to go on when I was young, living and working in flight paths, and living and working near two of the biggest hospitals in the Valley that have frequent Medevac flights. I am a believer that there is intelligent life other than on this planet and I look to the skies all of the time. I have yet to see anything unexplainable. I think that the thing you all are describing was just a very low flying plane of some sort. When there is a great deal of cloud cover, they fly really low. Being in law enforcement, I would have heard of anything unusual, and I didn't.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I did not see what your girlfriend saw. But I saw a UFO (I have nothing else to call it) in Allentown hovering over the park near the intersection of Tilghman and Cedarcrest blvd in the spring of 1986 ( I'm pretty sure of the year, but it was a long time ago). This is the west end of Allentown in the general vicinity of Dorney Park, but it was not near the park.

After many many years, I finally decided to search the net to see if anyone out there posted on what my mother and I saw, along with other strangers to whom we never spoke. It was daytime with a clear sky. It was rush hour. And my mother and I observed this object hovering just above the tree line across the street from where the outback steakhouse is today.

My mom had picked me up from school. We had just finished eating at the Arby's (don't judge us), left to get in our car, and there was a couple already standing in the lot looking at this thing.

The object was completely still. It wasn't making any noise, and it was free of contact with the ground or any other object. It was clearly circular and grew wider from it's top down to its midsection. The lower half appeared indented from the widest point of its upper half, and the lower section narrowed to its base. It was silver metalic with broad whitte rectangular light panels evenly spaced around it's main upper body, and it had red lights which were running in a chasing patern in a cirle around it's base. It's had for me to specify it's size, but it was big enough; I would say larger than a house, about 60 0r 70 feet across or perhaps larger. It was neither massive nor small, but of respectable size. It was roughly two stories from base to top.

My mother and I watched the object for a few minutes, and then she had seen enough and told me to get in the car. As we drove away I kept looking back and it never moved as far as I could tell. This also mean

Because it was daylight in a busy traffic area during rush hour, and, because it was visable from a shopping center parking lot, I'm sure other people besides my mother and I and the couple near us must have seen this, but My mom and I didn't talk about it again for a long time after. It was a bizarre experience, that I suppose she just wanted to forget and I had no reason to talk about it because I couldn't expect anyone to believe me. It was ridiculously unexpected to see something so inexplicably out of place in a crouded and highly visable location. It would be like walking into a your living room and finding a live dolphin on you couch. Explain that to someone when you didn't have a camera with you at the time.

Maybe I should have started a new post, but since this sighting was in Allentown I thought maybe someone else that saw what I saw might come here.

By the way, I have a frined who a few years ago saw somethign hovering over rt 22 during mid day. She drove under it. It shook her up. I told her my story and she felt a little less crazy.

My mother and I stayed silent about our experience until one day when my sister came to our house with her four year old son in tow and she was in tears because of something she saw in the sky just outside of Allentown. My four year old nephew and she were both able to describe the object in detail as they saw it in broad daylight as well. It was nothing like a plane, but neither was it like what my mother an I saw. Because my sister was so overrought and afraid, and like your girlfriend, in tears, I turned to my mother and asked: "Can I tell her?" My mother simply responded, "Go ahead". I recounted our experience to her and she looked at us in disbelief. She couldn't understand why we never said anything to her or anyone else. I told her we'd never spoken about it between the two of us since the day it happened. We never even told my father. When she asked Why, I said, "Donna, who would have believed us?"

I guess the experience is not as rare as we might expect

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join