It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Geeks... I need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was trying to download the SETI@home software and it was returning error messages such as 'page cannot be displayed' and 'connection with server cannot be established'

I just hooked up with DSL today and I am running windowsXP.

I asked some people to check out the link to the download, and they said they could download it just fine, so I know their server is up. I tried downloading from some other sites and had no problem downloading other .exe files.

Then I realize that the SETI software was on an FTP site. I checked out some other FTP sites and I cannot access any of them.

Could anybody tell me why I would have a problem with FTP?

Thanks,

DeltaChaos

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Try going into your Internet Explorer-->Tools-->Internet Options Menu.
Goto your Advanced TAb and go through your checklist. MAke sure that you have the options "Enable Folder View for FTP sites" and "Use Passive FTP (For Modem and DSL) Checked.
Then go to File-->Exit and reopen your Browser window. Try downloading from the FTP site,

Good Luck

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Try going into your Internet Explorer-->Tools-->Internet Options Menu.
Goto your Advanced TAb and go through your checklist. MAke sure that you have the options "Enable Folder View for FTP sites" and "Use Passive FTP (For Modem and DSL) Checked.
Then go to File-->Exit and reopen your Browser window. Try downloading from the FTP site,

Good Luck

What that guy said. Make sure that your browser is not blocking access to FTPs.

new topics

join