It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs ripping off the taxpayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just saw on BBC news the list of items mps can request for if they live outside of London in a second home.
Some of the handouts included:

£700 for a T.V
£700 for a Hi-fi system
£10000 for a new kitchen(and now that no. is not a mistype)
and many others.
This info has only come to light through the use of the freedom of information.

I think this proves a point that MPs are not in touch with reality and while child benefit goes up a few pounds they can claim more for a second home than a single parent with 2 kids.
This is absolutely disgusting and should not be aloud to happen.

I sure every citizen will find these facts a disgrace.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
£10k for a kitchen?

How to build a house for £4000

MP's rob the taxpayer blind. They get to vote on their own pay awards and what expenses they pay themselves - now how sick is that?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
They are all the same, only interested in getting their snouts in the trough.
I make a point of not voting for ANY of the 3 main parties, either at local or national elections. If any other option is on the ballot paper they get my vote. If not, I write across it "None of the B*****ds".
Remember, they only get in on the gravy train because people have voted for them.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Update on this thread.
Some politicians tried to prevent the disclosure of this information.
I am sick and tired of these people ripping off the taxpayers in the UK.
Ordinary citizens have to pay bills for owning a TV, yet this bunch (although on thousands of £ per annum) claim for food and Sky TV.
See link:
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The only answer is to vote out all the politicians in power at the moment. We need a clean slate in this country. Also politicians should only earn the average national wage with no expenses, they are public servants, so should be paid accordingly.

Perhaps the lower wages will give the new politicians the impotus to make the country better place rather than stick their snouts in the trough and screw the public for as much money as they can through the corrupt system in place at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join