It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

news.yahoo.com

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

McFarren, 36, told investigators he took Babcock food and water and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

McFarren told the AP that he wasn't to blame, and that it was solely Babcock's choice to remain in the bathroom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I find this incredibly bizarre as i know that people will sometimes never leave the house, but to never leave the bathroom in two years.

The poor lady i wonder what childhood trauma she must have gone through that made her suddenly decide that the bathroom is the place to be.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Not trying to be funny here, but maybe she had a bowel problem that she was afraid would result in her having an "accident". This could have kept her in the bathroom, and then she just got used to being there. But I'm still struck by the length of time... TWO YEARS??!?!?!?!?!?

TheBorg

P.S.
Sorry, can't resist it. It does have a funny "air" to it, doesn't it?

[Edited to change " to '.]

[edit on 13-3-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Indeed it does have a funny air, hence why when i found it i had to post it up. I still feel for her, however, as long as i have internet i wouldn't mind locking myself in the bathroom. Not much in the way of the stress of life to worry about.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
no kidding.... did she have a tv in there, like some people do? I could never top two years even with a tv or something like it.

is she up for recognition in the guiness book of world records?

...Mannnn.... BooaarrrrrrEEEEiinng!!!

top topics

join