It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think you're below the law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have an interesting question to ask people here on ATS and I want to hear your opinions before I post my opinion on the subject.

As everyone here who has done their research knows, the powers that be have a knack for thinking they are above the law, they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, regardless of how people feel. They more than likely, honestly think that it is their "right" to trample on people "below" them because "well... they're too stupid if they didn't catch on to us on time and didn't do anything about it" Yes, there are elite people out there that do see us "law abidding people" as nothing more than cattle to be used and abused.

I have always been a big believer of the Inalienable, Innate, and Inherent Rights that we are BORN with (not GIVEN to us) as human beings and as stated by the constitution. Notice I used "Stated", meaning, the constitution does nothing more than put these inalienable rights on paper, but they are not "given" in any sense of the word, not by my definition anyway. So I ask fellow ATSers here whom have had their inherent rights trampled on by methodology of fear and violence. Why do you continue to believe that you are "below" the law (and I'm using the term loosely) while the elites that continue to use and abuse us continue to live their lives believing they are "above" the law?

Note: do not misunderstand my use of the word "below the law" and "inherent rights we are born with" as a call for anarchy as that is not the case, nor the point of this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

You seem to suggest that laws are a bad thing. I think they work. I have been driving for over 30 years and have never had a ticket. People hate me. They drive around me like mad people, and I experienced it just today, when a person tried to pass me, nearly missing a head on with a log truck that spilled its load.

There is a reason why speed limits are posted. Mainly for your safety, but people disregard that law, all the time.

People don't think they are below the law, they think they are above it.

People who are in power take it a step further. They aren't just above the law, they think they are God.

That is the difference.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I live within the law. I respect the law, because law is necessary to keep order. I also choose to live in the United States and live under US laws. I could live anywhere in the world I wanted.

There are not very many laws that I can think of off the top of my head that restrict me from living a happy fullfilled life. And I see many laws as necessary and am thankful they are in place.

As soon as a law starts to make my life hell...I will make sure I hollar about it loudly.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

don't misunderstand, I would never state laws are bad (not once have I mentioned, nor suggested it. To do so would be to suggest anarchy and I specifically stated that I am NOT suggesting anarchy). What I am mainly talking about is the way people allow themselves to be treated as if they are "below" the law from the powers that be. Yet we sit and take it complacently without doing anything about it. This is not a matter of traffic laws or anything of the sort. We're talking about our inalienable, inherent, unchangeable rights, those that we are born with as human beings, those rights that are never "given" to us by the government, nor can they be "taken away" please read the post again if you have a misunderstanding.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I live within the law.

Come on, you can't sit there and honestly tell me you've never broken the law at least once
doesn't that render your argument moot? he he he

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

of course not, im perfect. lol j/k

yes, i used to have a major speeding problem. many tickets stopped that.

other then that....hmmmm im not sure of any laws i have broken. maybe some sex laws....after all, there are very old ridgid sex laws on many books still

and doesnt it just sound better? living w/in the law, rather then below it. lol

sorry, i didnt respond seriously. lol im in a silly mood

[edit on 12-3-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

If I understand what you are asking, I think that our private property rights as homeowners are being eroded. And I find it rather troubling.

People come onto your property, they are trespassing or being disrespectful and you cannot force them to leave, except to call the police.
Which is really a problem as I don't want the police involved in my life if at all possible.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I do apologize. I do think, I did not understand your point.

Do you have specific laws that you think we are under.......rating ourselves for?

Some laws do apply for our safety........please be specific as to what you mean.

Thanks

I don't mean to be rude, I just did not get your meaning in your OP. Sorry.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

join