It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outer Space Advertisements... brought to you by Doritos!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thats right ladies and gentlemen...
Doritos (yes, the chip brand) will be sending their advertisements into outer space in the hopes that another civilization will receive the transmissions...

for a brief overview of this project, please watch the following video...
complements of Danny from the Gradual Report...

after watching this video, I thought to myself...
"Hey Odessy (i actually thought of my real name, but I can't give that away to you creeps
j/k, but seriously, I can't), do you think this is an actual project planned by this giant corporation, or could this simply be the work of a comic genius?"

so, I typed "Doritos space advertisement" into a search engine I like to use quite frequently named google, and decided to check for myself...
The project is in fact real, and to prove it, I will share with you guys the first website that came up... I didn't feel like looking for a better site...

Here you have it:

Apparently unconvinced that the whole of Planet Earth is a large enough customer base, Doritos is teaming up with astronomers to broadcast their advertising into space.

The sum total of mankind’s achievements as a species will be represented to aliens in the form of a Doritos advertisement. Image by Med

The advertisement will be targeted at part of the Ursa Major constellation, a zone astronomers believe contain the conditions for life. Doritos obviously thinks the predicted inhabitants of Ursa Major are “extreme” enough to handle colored flavor dusted tortilla chips and will not blow us up for bombarding their planets with unwanted advertising for a product that doesn’t exist there.

cont...

Source

Well, there you have it...
The first advertisement sent to another Galaxy, courtesy of Doritos potato chips!
Now the question is, what are they going to advertise?
Their Nacho Cheesier?

or Cooler Ranch?

Well, the picture of the cooler ranch is obviously bigger, so I bet they use that one...

Doesn't this make you proud!
Doritos!

-Odessy

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
By the time another civilization gets the message, fast food will have killed us all.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

and YOU get a STAR for being the fastest responder... ever.

I mean seriously, I posted this at 8:09, and you responded at 8:12,
thats FAST!

Good Job!

I now feel good about myself

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good pick up Odessy, but already done.HERE

I found the concept p!55 funny too....

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
damn, your right!

I even did an ATS search of Doritos and it didnt come up...

So VIKINGANT, good pick up on YOUR part lol

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well, thanks for doing your part in spreading this viral campaign.

It's bad enough I'm subjected to ad campaigns in every facet of life but I didn't expect it here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
your welcome?

you didnt want to know that mankind will be represented outside our planet by a doritos advertisement?

new topics

top topics

join