It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does this always happen to me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ok..i made a similar thread that addressed this very topic awhile ago but you'll have to dig it up. ne way..

why do my friends g/f's always flirt with me? i swear i never ever make no kind of eye contact with them that would convey i want them. but i always seem to get that type of eye contact from them.

i remember last month i was at my friends house and me, him, and her were all in his room. i decided to get up and leave the room and she blocks my way and says in a flirty voice "you can't leave" i look at my friend like..you see what's goin on here don't ya? i told him jokingly to shove her out the way and show her who runs things. he just held up his hands palm up like "hey i can't do ne thing" either he really couldn't or he just didn't get the joke.

now i won't lie..i get a ego boost when a man's woman is flirting with me. and capitalizing on it is something that i wouldn't think twice about doing. the only thing i just can't understand is why i'm in this position a lot esp when i don't ever flirt with them. you guys got any ideas?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Do you perhaps own an extremely large male chicken?

or maybe "You really are d'man"

MonKey

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

or maybe "You really are d'man"

MonKey

lol..what EXACTLY are you getting at with that question?..lol..lmao..

as to your second comment..well.since i'm always in this kind of position it's safe to say i am

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Do ya mean like the large male chicken gets all the 'chicks'?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Maybe you are irresistable, or dilusional

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Obviously, they have "Obama fever".

Based on your avatar, your appearance bears a striking resemblence to the Presidential candidate.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
ne is really simple becaus it is your friends girlfriend. Since you really wouldn't or don't have an intention of chasing your friends girl you are more relaxed and just being yourself, which exudes a sense of confidence since you aren't being overly concerned over her liking you so without trying you draw her attention. I have this happen to me all the time and it isnt just exclusie to my friends grls but married women as well. And while I personally wont persue those women because it would betray my own personal standards it does get tempting at times.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
yeah but i mean...WHY do that to a guy like me who WILL eventually capitalize on it, then complain to me why her relationship failed. which is exactly what will happen if she keeps on.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Eeek, this happens to me a lot too and always weirds me out a little....

Swingers?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
why do my friends g/f's always flirt with me? i swear i never ever make no kind of eye contact with them that would convey i want them. but i always seem to get that type of eye contact from them.

I think girls just enjoy flirting in general because they like the attention, and they feel like doing it with a friend of their boyfriend is the best way to do it without the guy actually doing anything about it. That way it's stress free and they get their jollies.

I know, to us men it makes no sense, but for some girls flirting is like a hobby or way to have fun.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There's only one thing for it I'm afraid. You have to have sex with them,all of them. You'll be doing your mates a huge favour aswell.

Think about it,if they're like that with you,then they could be like that with anyone. Now,it sounds like you're a decent,honerable bloke,cos you've not done the dirty yet. But next man might not be like that. (because most men,are horny buggers,all of the time) So it's better if you do it (maybe film it to prove it to them) Send a little dvd,with a note saying "sorry mate,you're missus is a skank,I had to prove it to you"

And here's a serious answer... A much better idea would either be to ignore it,and just tell your mates birds to back up. Or,ultimatly,tell your mates what's going on. Now,this could have a few outcomes. If it was your lady,who was flirting with your mate,would you want them to tell you?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
There's only one thing for it I'm afraid. You have to have sex with them,all of them. You'll be doing your mates a huge favour aswell.

Think about it,if they're like that with you,then they could be like that with anyone. Now,it sounds like you're a decent,honerable bloke,cos you've not done the dirty yet. But next man might not be like that. (because most men,are horny buggers,all of the time) So it's better if you do it (maybe film it to prove it to them) Send a little dvd,with a note saying "sorry mate,you're missus is a skank,I had to prove it to you"

And here's a serious answer... A much better idea would either be to ignore it,and just tell your mates birds to back up. Or,ultimatly,tell your mates what's going on. Now,this could have a few outcomes. If it was your lady,who was flirting with your mate,would you want them to tell you?

well if it was my lady and i knew she was flirting with my homies i'd go ahead and pull the plug on the relationship cause any woman who flirts with outher guys in front of you (esp ur friends') isin't worth a damn.

maybe what i will do is just tell her str8 up..if you keep on imma have to go ahead and bang you. she'll prolly back off then.

what's sad tho is i've known this guy all my life and he's always been a lil chump. and that's prolly one of the reasons she flirts with me. dude must not be able to handle her right (and i don't mean in that way). he's always been the type dude who's seemed like a sucker for love..and he's prolly got co-denpendet issues when it comes to this girl. i say that because everynow and then when i'll give him call he'll just ignore it prolly because he's stuck up her ass, and i don't even call him often. he doesn't even hang with our clique ne more AT ALL.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe it's the type of girls that your friends are attracted to. maybe these girls are all players!

Are you sure they are seriously flirting and not just trying to be friendly with you to try and fit in with her mans friends? Also, just because someone comes off as flirtatious doesn't mean that they want to get in your pants. Some people are just flirtatious with everybody without any ill intentions.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaton
I think girls just enjoy flirting in general because they like the attention, and they feel like doing it with a friend of their boyfriend is the best way to do it without the guy actually doing anything about it. That way it's stress free and they get their jollies.

I know, to us men it makes no sense, but for some girls flirting is like a hobby or way to have fun.

I disagree, you know how many men fantasize about two girls at the same time? Well I think women are the exact same way, many of them secretly fantasize about two guys at once - and who better than with bf/hubby's best buddy???

Twisted chick logic, I know, but true!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
just like cats / dogs - they pay you the most attention when you ignore them. If you are barely acknowledging this girls presence, chances are she's attracted to you because she craves your attention. She may not even be aware of it.

It's a twisted version of supply & demand.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

U probably got what they want bro. If the chick is hitting on you in front of her BF, that says a lot about the dude. He is probably too much of a wuss to do anything about it, that's why she hits on you right in front of him.

Now I'm guessing that you probably wouldn't take that kind of crap from a chick which is why they're probably attracted.

They're probably also intrigued by you because you don't give them eye contact or any of that stuff. They're probably like, "what's up with lordinfamous, why doesn't he want me like all the other guys?" So in a way that makes them want you.

I have seen this stuff far too many times and that's probably one of the reasons why I don't believe in "true love" or "the one."

edit: BTW, sweet avatar.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by thehumbleone]

top topics

join