It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots complain of \"laser\" attacks over Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
double post (deleted) ..dam lag

[edit on 9-3-2008 by Freezer]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I caught this story the other day -

here`s a link to a video of the story from the CBC (via yahoo.ca)

[edit on 9-3-2008 by vox2442]

[edit on 9-3-2008 by vox2442]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Actually, the laser doesn't need to be that powerful at all. Most toy lasers will do the trick. This isn't even the first time that this has happened.

Man Charged Under Patriot Act in Laser Case
www.foxnews.com...

A man charged with temporarily blinding the pilot and co-pilot of an airplane with a laser beam claims he was simply using the device to look at stars with his 7-year-old daughter.

Couple Busted For Shining Laser At Helicopter
www.networkworld.com...

The US attorney’s office and the FBI this week charged a California couple with shining a laser into the cockpit of a sheriff’s department helicopter, a federal criminal complaint that could land them in jail for up to 20 years and earn them a $250,000 fine.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Now it happened in New York.
Three or four incidents in the last two days.

Some one wanted to shine a laser at a UFO.

But how does one see a UFO.
I see a problem there but I told him there are people in the UFOs.
The pilot might aim the ship and Oops a spontaneous combustion
death.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Its happened before. You don't even need a very powerful laser to do it. Hopefully you guys here that are uninformed on the issue will go out and inform others NOT to point lasers at the sky. A small laser beam can travel 2 miles. And even though you can't see the end point, you could seriously hurt someone that does. Not all lasers have a continuously visible beam. Some lasers you can only see the end point. As a laser beam gets further from the source the beam spreads out as the photons lose their uniformity. A laser from the ground could spread out enough to bounce photons all over the cabin of an airplane or helicopter. If the plane is landing or taking off you could kill a lot of people. This is not a "UFO" phenomenon. This is a real phenomenon that could get you sent to jail or worse seriously injure a pilot or even worse bring down an airplane. Imagine a passenger jet with two blind pilots. Do not think this is some "conspiracy". This is a real human/terrestrial phenomenon. If you understand the physics of lasers you will understand this.

Here's an article on the subject: www.theinsider.org...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I remember a while ago teenagers shone a laser-pointer at a plane over England. I forget why it was so well covered - I think it was because there was a spate of morons thinking it funny to do this. Even commercial pilots, at cruising altitude, were being hit in the eyes! Now that would take some damn good aiming - though it must surely have been a very brief flash; they couldn't possibly even know it was anywhere near the plane, let alone in someones eyes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is about ufo searchers. Notice now with a whole semi load of new NWO bills lined up, after decades of people doing this, when it was never an issue. They are suddenly making it one now!

It wasn't an issue for decades, but suddenly it is now! Now, ufology researchers are being painted idiots who endanger pilots. They even brought up a case recently about this, and I always screen news as its bogus much of the time,set staged and enacted. They're mesmers and its slight of hand!

This is basically NWO! Attempt to control and if you havnt noticed anything different online either, I have. You have to see and understand it for yourself however, but I've been noting it.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by chromatico

To really affect the pilots it would have to be more than a small laser. Now that I look close, it doesn't even say it's a laser, just a bright light.

wrong.

a small 5mw green laser can blind a pilot, from surface to air.

i myself use a 15 mw green laser for my astronomy studies...

and that is far brighter than it would take to blind a pilot within a cockpit.

small lasers can have huge effects when it comes to this.

In the USA, if you shine your laser on a (human) aircraft...
many times they will (and have) triangulate where it came from, and be knocking on your door before the night is over.

with huge fines.

look it up.
it happens.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ahmose

Yes sir. It is uninformed people like that, that end up blinding pilots. You could ruin a pilots career by permanently messing up his vision like that. NEVER shine a laser at a plane. Its not a conspiratorial laughing matter at all. It is a very real phenomenon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attari
I use to use lazers on my neighbours through their windows.They eventually got really annoyed and got the cops to have a word with me.

I got a warning and lazer got confiscated!

Why would you do this?

You were very lucky to get away with a warning, if it were my family facing possible blindness I wouldn't be calling the police...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ordinary flash lights with and arrow screen were effective at looking
at the stars.
I don't see where lasers would be as effective.
Only now pointing at the sky might be a rap for someone.
Are agents doing the laser pointing the get UFO watchers off their back.
Any free energy device is banned and suppressed along with
the saucer/UFO.
There is a whole big organization against scientific progress.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Indeed. Thanks.

Originally posted by Attari I use to use lazers on my neighbours through their windows.They eventually got really annoyed and got the cops to have a word with me. I got a warning and lazer got confiscated!

and this,
is why children should not be allowed to have lasers.
seriously, how dumb.
and you are an adult?
no, can't be. ...
can you?
I, for one, am Happy your laser was confiscated.

TeslaandLyne~
Ordinary flash lights with and arrow screen were effective at looking at the stars. I don't see where lasers would be as effective.

Seriously?

You dont see,
how the straight, visible line going straight up to the stars you want to point out..
would be as effective as a flashlight with an arrow screen on it?

apparently you've never seen a green laser in the night sky,
it seemingly reaches all the way to whatever stars you want.
"like" you can actually touch them!

You also don't see how actual "aliens from another world" could exist either though.
lol

no disrespect, as I do respect your work, but c'mon bro.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've had this happen to me repeatedly while flying in the area that I do on a regular basis. I have reported it numerous times to Nav-Canada, the police and the RCMP with little to no help. One time charges were laid against two teenagers who were later let off with nothing but a slap on the wrist. The other times I couldn't do anything at all because the originating source of the laser can be just about anywhere below you. The times it did occur was during final approach into the local airport, an area that there is very few houses and large open fields. It was only the act of a good Samaritan that brought the arrest of the two teens described above when he saw them committing the acts across the road from his house which lies directly underneath the approach path of the local airport. Otherwise we have a snowballs chance in hell of catching these troglodytes.

Until tougher laws are passed, and more information given out to the public informing them about the dangers of committing such acts, our hands are tied. I know if the 2 boys were adults I would have filed suit against them for endangering myself and my two passengers that night. I expect even the stupidest of people to have enough common sense not to do such things.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
as a pilot that has been "attacked" with lasers a few times i'll give you some idea of what its like.

for me and others that I know have had it happen, it us always in the take off or landing phase of the flight, when an aircraft is at its slowest and lowest point of the flight, unless its a smaller general aviation aircraft that cruise at a much lower altitude.

I've been hit in the face with a green beam, trashing my night vision. luckly i was able to activate the autopilot to climb away and orbit. another time was in a Cessna 310 with a perspex windscreen that had alot of tiny scratches on the surface, when the beam hit the windscreen it dispersed throughout the windscreen and didn't come into the cockpit. this is just as bad as getting it in the face because you still cannot see out the front, and during landing this is vital.

At my home airport a commercial 737 flight was lasered 10nm away from the field on the start of the ILS at 3000ft

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Attari

Your posting states a very true fact. The airliners were most likely at high altitudes and if so, this implies that in order for pilots to get the light shined in their eyes it must then stand to reason that the source of such laser beams is most likely coming from a satellite or another jetliner that flys a nearby route on a regular basis.

If it is a satellite which I feel it is, then it implies that for years now someone who owns that satellite may be using a targeting system on the jet liners and on occasion some pilot gets it in the eyes and then complains.

If it is a satellite, it could be using a targeting system that could be potentially used to target and or bring down a jetliner. Since the pilots claim the got it in the eyes, I for one think that if they were at normal cruising altitude which is approximately 35K ft. when this happened. There could exists in space for that region of North America a space satellite perhaps even military in nature that targets jetliners by their presence in the sky flying certain routes at certain altitudes and or certain specific regions of the area where the satellite can practice is targeting system on unsuspecting jetliners.

The satellite could even be Chinese or Russian so in that regard in my best estimate, it must be a space borne satellite that has some features that are being used to target jetliners for practice or for fun. Regardless the reason, the laser lights to the eyes at altitude, makes me think that a space satellite is involved in this anomalous incident of laser lights to pilots eyes while flying over Canada.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Most of these attacks occur during the approach or departure phase of flight. Only a very few of them occur when they are at cruising altitude, and even then a handheld laser from the ground could be used. It's simple to track an aircraft day or night, and accidentally shine the light into the cockpit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join