It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do they know....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Hello MrdDstrbr
Are you trying to say more in the lines of a DaVinci code type of info where hidden messages are found in paintings, drawings, glyphs, and written texts from the past and sometimes present????

If so this can open up inquisitive and speculative minds---I meen those that are wanting if so--
because you will find that there are always hidden messages on all media types be it for money,fame, or sometimes for the expansion of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Do we know that, though?

Or are inside information and truths sometimes embedded in movies and art and entertainment?

Almost always. It doesn't mean the Directors have been directly involved in anything, but yes, occult knowledge and exposure to 'conspiracy' is something done through Hollywood to keep people from assessing it's real-life implications.

Anybody who says 'It's just Movies' are not going to see what the Director wants them to see.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelc01
Are you trying to say more in the lines of a DaVinci code type of info where hidden messages are found in paintings, drawings, glyphs, and written texts from the past and sometimes present????

Sure angelc01, paintings, art, ancient texts, books, music, media, TV shows, movies - anything is fair game in this thread!

Is Dan Brown trying to tell us something with his books? What does Dan Brown know and when did he know it?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Excellent point N.W.O.

Media and entertainment are an excellent place to hide real truths in plain sight, because there's that built-in plausible deniability. "Nothing real going on here, it's just a movie, don't take it too seriously, move along now...."

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Why would anyone hide something in public, when goverment has resources to hide something within an atomic bomb-proof bunker?

I can understand that whenever leakage occurs, one of the best things to do is to publish something and make it popular. After that a repeated lie about whatever leaked being just entertainment becomes true for surprisingly many people. That does work, indeed. But to hide something in public? It works for the masses but if opinions are spread by intelligent people, it doesn't then work. At all. I do understand how to do it and how it actually works, but there are things that cannot be hidden that easily. Intelligent people will take notice.

Sad part is that intelligent people do not always get their opinions published often enough.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

I think you pretty much answered your own question, rawsom.

It's a COINTELPRO strategy. They know that with a cover-up this big, there are going to be people leaking real information, so they need a way to minimize the impact of that. One strategy is to have people out there putting out disinformation, and another strategy is to take the real information and embed it in a movie or TV show or book.

That way, anybody who starts believing the real information can easily be ridiculed and dismissed, "LOL that's just a movie!
"

Why are there so many parallels between the story of Anakin Skywalker and Jesus and "Star Children"?

Why is "The Force" so much like ZPE?

Why does Hoagland's photo of the "Data's Head" found on the Moon so closely resemble C-3PO?

Why are the Jedi/Sith shown to use all the exact same spiritual gifts that mystics on Earth (yogis, llamas, fakirs, Buddhist monks etc) use? Telekinesis, telepathy, remote viewing, foresight....?

Anyone care to take on Robert Anton Wilson?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A very strange opening gambit, but compelling.
Many of the things in the 60's star trek years have come to fruition.
So what is the mindset of the thread?
You think, and make it so?
Seems plausible enough to past data.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yeah.

What's difficult is that there really is no way of knowing for certain which things have been hidden through media and enterntainment, and which are just fiction of their creators.

One possible and logically consistent method is to simply create a timeline of events. That way, what was originally leaked before any enterntainment took that momentum, can be considered possibly being true.

However, most movies are just that - entarntainment. There really is no truth behind every single sci-fi movie out there.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

It doesn't go that way. You see, there are things that are dreamed to be possible in one way or another. Teleportation, warp-drives, food replicators and so on. There are lots of things in star trek.

There is not a single thing in star trek that have been noticed to be true in the way it is possible in that series. The physics by star trek have never been proven true. Ever.

What has come to be from that series is the possibility to do something. However, every single time those things that we can now do are done every differently. Method is different.

I can imagine now a thousand things possible in the future. 10 mile high buildings, underground energy creation system using lava flows inside planet earth, entire moon being terraformed to habitable status and so on and so on. I can even imagine some physics to do that, but I can NOT invent the exact method in physics by which all that will be actually built and used.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
A very strange opening gambit, but compelling.

I don't know what you mean by "gambit" as the point of the OP was just to get some good discussion rolling.

I personally do think that the people listed in the OP each have a piece of the puzzle, so to speak - but it is by no means an exhaustive list!

It is purposely left open so that other people can add their own contributions....

So what is the mindset of the thread?

The mindset of the thread should be to simply explore and discuss. Who has legit information and who doesn't? What do they know, and when did they know it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join