It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't afford a Democrat for President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I didn't say thank you semper because i have yet to look at the site but I will.

I have no problem paying my fair share of taxes... and I have no problem with welfare as long as it isn't corporate. We are after all only as good as we treat the least fortunate among us. I also have no problem with firm environmental controls or regulations to keep the predatory from taking advantage of us.

What I do have a problem with is when someone makes 10, 20 a 100 times more than I do and pays less in taxes.

The real waste in government is in corporate giveaways, foreign aid and in the military. I know, I have seen it. When I was in, twice a year we went out to sea and threw new equipment overboard so we would have to buy more, so our budget would go up the next year.

I have no problem with an activist government... I do have problems with an incompetent one.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Barack Hussein Obama and Mrs. Bill Clinton want to raise taxes on anyone making more than $31,000 a year.

www.suntimes.com...

Obama and Clinton both promise to reverse Bush’s tax cuts for wealthier taxpayers, but the Democratic budget they’ll be voting for would allow income tax rates to go up on individuals making as little as $31,850 and couples earning $63,700 or more.

Forget about the so-called "Tax Cuts for the Rich" you hear Democrats crying about. Their new slogan for Democrats should be "Tax Increases for the Poor"

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

And on most of that, we agree 100%..

As we usually do when we get past the "heat"

My only divergence with your post, is I see the tax breaks for corporations as good for the country.

Semper

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
As for the stock market, it's already on the verge of crashing under a Republican administration.

A Democrat, Bill Clinton, eliminated the deficit run up by Reagan. Another Republican has run up the deficit again. We need another Democrat to balance the budget.

Oh please...
During Bill Clinton’s presidency, from 1992 to 2000, spending increased by nearly 30% (29.49%). Tax revenues also increased by 85.58%

source

You are giving him way to much credit. It is quite obvious, Bill Clinton did not control federal spending since it increased by almost 30% during his tenure. What saved the morally corrupt president was that 85.58% increase in tax revenues.

What is so scary is that many of his fellow citizens (suckers) who voted for him (twice no less) really don't understand just how corrupt Clinton was, and how backwards many of his policies really were..

[edit on 15-3-2008 by West Coast]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join