It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul hints presidential campaign will end soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Paul hints presidential campaign will end soon

www.cnn.com

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul is hinting that his run for the White House is about to end, saying the "presidential campaign will soon wind down."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I give the Main-Stream Media 50 points for proving they have never listened to anything Ron Paul has said.

Ron has always said he will fight for every delegate in every state and that he will make his voice heard at the RNC. Why do they always report on Ron when they think he's going to quit? I count 11 more primaries between now and JUNE... don't they know what "Winding down" means?

"Winding down" = Coming to an end (slowly).

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/7/08 by Angry Danish]

[edit on 3/7/08 by Angry Danish]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Forgive my lack of knowledge in the English language, but what exactly does "winding down" mean?

What's the correct interpretation for Ron Paul's sentence: "presidential campaign will soon wind down."?

I'd really appreciate if one can make it clear for me. Thank you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
it means hes stopping shutting down operations a little at a time. till it stops.

hes collected over 30 million dollars I wonder what hes gonna do with it.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

apc

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

"Winding down" is a metaphor referring to old spring-powered clocks that would slow down as the spring lost tension. Resetting the spring is known as winding, such as "wind your watch." Pronounced "whined."

Ron Paul has stated as long as his supporters tell him to continue by making donations he will do so. It is clear any media reports to count his campaign as over are an effort to halt the donations.

He is going to keep cutting staff and pulling back from noncritical areas, but I still expect him to officially remain in the race until the convention.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Well, seeing as how he re-captured his nomination for Congress last week, and has no Democratic opponent for November's election, he has no need to raise any more campaign funds.

All those who thought they were donating to his bid for POTUS will now find out that he used the money for his congressional campaign instead.

apc

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Uhm... all Paul had to do was show up and wave to get reelected to Congress.
He's that good in the eyes of people who give a damn about freedom.

Here's his campaign expense report: query.nictusa.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Right. That's why so many Texans voted for him in the Presidential primaries, eh?

And as it turned out, he needed to do more than show up and wave to win his congressional seat:

Some may call it poetic justice, others may call it unfair, but Ron Paul is in the fight of his political life, but it’s not for the presidency. It’s to stay in Congress from his own district.

While pursuing his thus far quixotic quest for the presidency, Congressman Paul has fallen behind by over ten points in the polls (43-32) in the fight for the Republican nomination in the Texas 14th to challenger Chris Peden, according to internal polls from both campaigns, which Pajamas Media was told were quite similar. Peden is a 43-year old CPA and city councilman from Friendswood, Texas. The primary takes place on March 4.

www.pajamasmedia.com...

apc

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Uh... yeah... that's why he won 2:1.

As far as the votes despite the mountain of evidence, nationwide, I'm not yet convinced of a conspiracy. Gutless pathetic excuses for Americans preferring image over principle is a better explanation in my mind.

It's very sad. This election there has only been one, maybe two candidates actually worthy to hold office. The rest deserve to have their graves defecated on, and I'll be the first to drop trou.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i think its funny. i like how he used the metaphor clarified by apc. if reality was true to the idea contained in that metaphor his campaign has been "winding down " for quite awhile. i agree with apc that principle is more important than images. too bad i saw paul as having neither, imho. well he does have principle just not the kind i agree with.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
apc, thank you for the explanation and your comments.

Made it very clear now... thank you again.

Peace

top topics

join