It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Historic Global Super Powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
In my opinion, the induatrial revolution is awfully well suited to humanity. I might even say that industrialization is ineviteble to human technological development. Just witness what happend approx 150 yrs in the past, and what that has lead us to. We went from craftsmen and religious empires governed by dramatic little kings and queens, to F-22A raptors, particle acceleration, well established scientific mindsets, and we're on the brink of such things as quantum mechanics and a fully automated economy. That's quite a resume. Industry has made who we are today, opening a wide window to the inifinite possibilities of the future. Who's to say we never did this before?

For a million year old sentient species, aren't we a little late in the invention of computers and globalization? I say, that's incredible! We gotta admit it, we are an impressive species, the most evolved ever, impossibly more advanced than our primitive cousins (animals).

In my opinion, the peak of technology revolves around the manipulation of nature, or, more specifically, life. One day will we discover ways to grow our cities, our ships, all of our tech (never mind the resemblence to the zerg, or the yuuzhan vong, or the bugs from Starship troopers). I think we acheived this level of technology once, and when this tech dies it will decompose, leaving behind little to no trace of its existence.

Meh, that's just one of many of my absurd theories. I like to imagine a past when humans used giant stone robots, or an ocean-going civilization mining the core, or pre-historic colonization of mars, things just waiting our discovery. A proud past for a superior race.

I also like to type. Anywho, what'd'yall think?

new topics

join