It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Recession, The Beautiful Scheme...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thats right.

This thought just popped into my head while I was reading a post by SaviorComplex in a current thread.
SaviorComplex says (speaking of Fascism):

It will come in a form that is appealing. It will come in ways that will convince Americans to give up their freedoms. The rights we have cherished for 232 years will be thrown out in favor of "new rights." What is a little thing like Freedom of Speech, the right to vote for your leaders, freedom of the press, etc, when you are being offered a free college education, free health-care, guaranteed jobs, housing, etc. The more the government gives us, the more control they will demand over our lives; and we will agree to it.

I agree with this statement completely.
Thank you SaviorComplex

Given this idea, how would America "trick" people to openly give up their rights?
Well, the same way they got the US to support the invasion if Iraq... Fear.

Fear is the one thing that people will gladly sacrifice their rights to make go away, and what better way than a Recession?
Think about it!
What are the signs of a Recession?
Well, according to Wikipedia

Predictors of a recession

There are no totally reliable predictors. However these are regarded to be possible predictors.[2]

* Stock market drops have preceded the beginning of recessions. However about half of the drops of 10% or more since 1946 have not resulted in recessions.[3] Also, approximately half of the stock market decline came after the beginning of recessions.
* Inverted yield curve,[4] the model developed by Fed economist Jonathan Wright, uses yields on 10-year and three-month Treasury securities as well as the Fed's overnight funds rate. Another model developed by Federal Reserve Bank of New York economists use only the 10-year/three-month spread. It is however not a definite indicator,[5] it is sometimes followed by a recession 6 to 18 months later.
* The three-month change in the unemployment rate and initial jobless claims.[6]
* Onset of a housing recession.[7]
* Index of Leading (Economic) Indicators (includes some of the above indicators).[8]
* Frequency of the word "recession" in New York Times and Wall Street Journal.[9]

Now, look at those things one at a time.
Check off how many of those America is experiencing right now.
Still don't believe we are in a recession?
well, check out these articles from the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
Wait, that sounds familiar... oh yeah, its the last predictor to a recession.

But most people can agree that we are in a recession.
Now refer back to SaviorComplex's quote:

What is a little thing like Freedom of Speech, the right to vote for your leaders, freedom of the press, etc, when you are being offered a free college education, free health-care, guaranteed jobs, housing, etc.

Housing... Jobs... Health Care... ALL things are that will be threatened by this Recession!!!

So what if the Recession is just some scheme to get the American population scared?
If the govt. offers a solution to all these problems America is about to undergo, then who in their right mind would say no?

I predict this recession will scare the people so much that they wont even look at the consequences of a govt. solution.

This is just how I feel, but it all seems to come together.

Many people here at ATS believe that we are about to enter the next stage in govt. control. Well, this is that possibility.
I don't know what we can do about it, except fight against these acts when they present themselves, but we're going to have to do something.

What better way to take control than your have your own people agree to it.
in a way, its a beautifully thought out scheme...

Regards,

Odessy

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good post. I am doing some research on this theory and i have read a lot of posts on many websites this is the best ive seen yet. do you have any more references i could have a look at.

join