It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ERROR...but no problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I recieved this error in my Seti Monitor, while generating the 'total' graph...

Thing is none of the conditions exist to cause this.
I have reviewed and fully tested my system, and this error seems to be an anomoly.

Any suggestions why this is here?

(The Seti system still works, but this shows up when viewing the graph of this WU, or viewing the 'total' graph, on Monitor.)

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I know this is a stupid questiom, but have you run any anti-virus programs? it seems like it is saying that something is wrong on your computer not with SETI. did you change any bios options lately, install new hardware?

who

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have gotten the same error message. I checked for viruses, spyware, everything. I checked to make sure everything was updated as well. I dont know why that comes up, does it every now and then on my computer too.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've searched the hell out of SETI and found nothing, the only thing I could suggest is to un-install and re-install, maybe something got misplaced, or temp files might not have been removed. Sorry I can't be of any help. You should also try sending SETI a bug report heres the link setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Ya need to scroll all the way down though...

trick

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Fully anti-virii'd and clean, not over clocking, tested and checked pc, no prob's.

I havent reinstalled the monitor or seti yet, but I will submit a bug report.

I honestly dont think anything is wrong with the seti software, as the error seems intentional as part of the program.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Once again, I'm "late" to this discussion!!
Sorry

Well, I must admit that I've *never* - yet! - rec'd this message (though *that* is tempting fate isn't it?!!)

I understand that SETI@home *does* somehow monitor the computer's performance as well, and tries to detect any possible "errors" which *might* make the returned data corrupt (in just the same way that they try to screen out RFI and human-produced signals when the data is collected eg when we find that a WU has been completed after a very short time - though we still get a "credit" for it).

So, all I can suggest is that - maybe - there was a "mains power fault" your end smirkley or some "glitch" with the computer at the time??

You just watch now - I'll get lots of warnings myself!!

Cheers gang!

top topics

join