It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides top war and murder but little being done -- expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Suicides top war and murder but little being done -- expert

newsinfo.inquire r.net

MONTEVIDEO -- While death from war, terrorism and homicide crowd the headlines, at more than a million deaths per year suicide outstrips them all, but gets scant attention, an expert warned Wednesday.

"So more people kill themselves than are killed by other people."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is a bit surprising. I just wonder:

1.How accurate this report is
2.If this report is accurate and the authorities know this, then why the little attention?
3.Why we see a lot of anti war movement and other efforts to stop killing , and suicide prevention seems unpopular.
4. Could it be a part of conspiracy?
5. If people talk about secret genocide, then this should be subtle and less likely to get noticed.

I can still add some more questions in the list. But I would really like to hear the opinion of other members.

Think about this:

"There are more than one million people who die by suicide each year in the world, which is more people than those who die from war, terrorist attacks and homicides every year," Mishara told AFP.

newsinfo.inquire r.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-3-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah, it's out of control. Society is more or less broken... I've got a childhood friend who hung himself at 19. We were pulled into two completely different life paths.

If you come from a broken home or are in dire straits, life sometimes becomes so difficult that you really need someone or something to stabilise you. Or sometimes, everything is 'fine' and a person is emotionally dead and spiritually numb, they need proper stimulation but never get it.

Unfortunately, we live in a luciferic society where we are encouraged to look to poison, carnal sex or violence as a quick-fix. So many people are un-happy with life that they must seek unhealthy things to get a 'quick-fix' of semi-happiness, usually caused by a surge of endorphins or dopamine. If they destroy those synapses through drug abuse, or simply go numb, they are more likely to commit suicide.

Countless people are burnt out on life, prescription drugs, and have no support, spiritual or economic. Suicide is not a 'last option' but something that is pressed into them subconsciously by luciferic society.

ALSO: We modern humans are incredibly unhealthy. Even if we aren't abusing drugs, we so rarely get proper exercise or mental relaxation. We don't sleep the right hours, breathe enough fresh air, see enough sunlight... alot of people are just broken and don't know it. It's extremely easy for suicidal thoughts to arise in a person who has no testosterone or 'drive'. (Even women require small amounts of testosterone to motivate their physiology.)

I really believe luciferic society was designed to make us unhealthy and unhappy people. Suicide rates are just a symptom, not a cause.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

join