It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women: Why do we carry the burden of Original Sin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I feel that this is perhaps the most wide-spread and hidden conspiracy.
Women have been kept down, in their place, and punished since the Adam and Eve. Eve ate the apple, therefore all the women to follow her must carry the burden of original sin. Although no one force fed the apple to adam, this is never explored in the big book. Also the bible says that Eve came from Adams left rib, the left side in many cultures represents untruthfulness.
Now regardless of whether you believe in the bible or not, the question is why have men, the writers and compilers of the bible, been such haters toward women? Why are they so afraid?
This view of women has continued to present day, and in many ways they are still being punished for the actions ascribed to them by the religious doctrines.

From day one, women are shown the role they are suppose to play in society (the role that behooves men)
Even children's story books portray women as meek, in distress, helpless, waiting patiently for a man to save them. Or they are portrayed as witches, with power from an outside source. Women are never portrayed as strong, determined, or capable of looking within for power. These are the characters our daughter first begin to relate with.

Here is a scary statistic.
When girls, who had said that they would have an abortion, were asked if they would more likely have an abortion if they knew they were having a boy or a girl---8 out of 10 answered that they would more likely have an abortion if they knew they were having a girl. When I heard this i could have cried.

Women still get paid 79 cents to every dollar a man makes. why is this?

But it isn't just men keeping women down. Women, YOU ARE HELPING TO PERPETUATE THIS VIEW.

I asked my mom a few years ago if she would ever vote for a woman president. she said no, because she didnt think a woman could handle it, or would be taken seriously.
These gendered views are so ingrained, and tied in to every aspect of life, that many women believe, truely believe, that they are less capable than a man.

Now I know this ranted. But dont get me wrong, im not a femminist.
I AM A HUMANIST. I want equality for all people, all races, and all genders.
Women think that we have reached equality and so have settled. But the truth is, we were just thrown a bone during women suffrage, to shut us up. And guess what ladies. it worked.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by damaged petals

Women out number men. You control your own destiny.
Do something with you power.

On a side note, do you know why God made women's feet smaller than men's ? So they can stand closer to the stove !

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Both women and men carry original sin. If you're a Catholic, both men and women are baptized because they BOTH carry original sin. Adam and Eve both ate of the tree. Eve just happened to be the first one that the serpent tempted, and then Adam the man ate of the tree as well, so both men AND women carry the burden of original sin.

Here is a scary statistic.
When girls, who had said that they would have an abortion, were asked if they would more likely have an abortion if they knew they were having a boy or a girl---8 out of 10 answered that they would more likely have an abortion if they knew they were having a girl. When I heard this i could have cried.

um source? or did you just pull that out of thin air as well? I think a woman could do just as well as or maybe better than a male at being president, just Hilary shouldn't be that woman. Your mother was most likely brought up in the 20th century (50s, 60s etc) when women still were more of a housewife type than anything else (Leave it to Beaver etc.) and she still lives by that. I know my mom and both grandmothers do.

And women do NOT get paid $.79/dollar men get paid. I know a lot of women who make 60 or 70 thousand a year, and that's more than my dad or me. You're just throwing random facts out there trying to make it seem like women are oppressed or something, and it's not the case. So yeah either get some sources or something. This is a conspiracy forum, not a "women aren't treated as well as men" forum.
[edit on 3/5/2008 by PennKen2009]

[edit on 3/5/2008 by PennKen2009]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think women spend too much time trying to be "just like men" instead of using their differences in a complimentary fashion. Furthermore, men need to realize that women are not subordinates, and that their differences to men are the other half of what makes the world go round.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Because men in history were ignorant and needed a fall guy for their failings?

Religious documents were written by men, and most of them in the past didn't like uppity women. There are still a lot of them now who are throwbacks and still don't like uppity women.

I'd say our numbers would help us reverse this except for one thing - violence. We're killed in large numbers by those we're closest to. Not rocking the cart might be an evolutionary adaptation that gives us a greater chance to survive.

I personally think something went awry in the evolutionary process that negated a more normal gender balance. Our world is much too violent, for example.

WRT small feet, perhaps we have them so we can kick idiot men in the rear without killing them.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

Quiet down and go make me a sandwich.

It was a joke, if it was about men you would be wetting yourself laughing.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RWPBR

Who said I didn't laugh?

If I make a sandwich, you have to eat what I put in it.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AWingAndASigh

LOL...fair enough !

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't consider Original Sin a burden. Rather, it was the ultimate expression of free thought and independent decision making.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Maybe it goes all the way back to "who gets to be on top."

Men have been hard to please from the beginning....just ask Lilith.

"According to Hebrew legend, the first woman God created
as a companion for the first man Adam was a strong-willed lady
named Lilith. (See Graves and Patai's Hebrew Myths and Reuther's
Womanguides.) As both had been created from dust, Lilith considered
herself equal to Adam. (They differed anatomically, of course,
with the Bible referring to a male as one who 'pisseth against
the wall' [1 Sam. 25:34; 1 Kings 14:10; 21:21].) Lilith objected
to having to lie beneath Adam during sexual intercourse, but Adam
would have it no other way. Lilith up and left him, winding up
in rabbinic tradition as a baby-killing demoness who seduces sleeping
men. Lilith is mentioned in Isa. 34:14, though the KJV renders
lilith as 'screech owl.' This first wife of Adam may safely be
called the world's first uppity woman.

"With Lilith departed, Adam was back where he started,
being without a fit helper. According to a Hebrew tradition cited
in Graves and Patai, God let Adam watch while he put a second
woman together. The process of anatomical assemblage was so disgusting
that Adam found the woman repulsive even though she was beautiful
when finished. God sent this first Eve away and tried again: while
Adam slept, Yahweh created the Eve found in Genesis 2 from Adam's
rib. God presented her to Adam, who said happily, 'This is now
bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman,
because she was taken out of Man' (Gen. 2:23)." (from www.hobrad.com...)

Lilith, Adam's Mythological First Wife

new topics

top topics

join