It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where’s the originality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have noticed lately that once a thread has been started there are often a number of related threads shortly after. I really don’t want to name names or make accusations, but as an example, just recently I have noticed a few threads relating to smoking, earthquakes, creation/evolution discussions and mars discoveries. Then there will be a lull for a while and a new batch will surface.
Do people see a thread become successful so try and start a new one in the same vein but with their own spin on it or is it purely coincidence in timing?
I know that some forums (Eg 9/11 or hot breaking news stories) there is bound to be related topics, but in general discussions the topic range seems limited.
I only say this because when I see a topic of interest and read along I notice a lot of repeated posts either by the same people or similar comments by other people in each thread and I for one dont like to repeat myself too much.
It may not be my place to make comment, but it is just something I have noticed and was wondering if there were others who thought the same?

[edit on 4/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was going to start a new thread on this but I didn't want to come across as just being nasty, so I decided to revisit this one as it emphasizes my original point.
Now before I go on too far, just know that I have sent a U2U to a moderator to check and approve the content of this post, but it is something I feel should be brought to the attention of all members and moderators publicly since plagiarism from what I can tell is the most evil sin on this site yet a number of members are clearly ‘lifting’ others ideas to ‘cash in’ on other successful threads.

Here are a couple of examples I have noticed recently

This Thread was started on 26 March 08
Google Earth Keeping Planet X a Secret!

In which the opening post paraphrases this post on 25 March 08 that one member posted on another of the same authors threads on 25 March 08 Nibiru's 'First Phase' Due Fall 2009!

posted on 25-3-2008 @ 12:07 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

If you go to google sky and search the area of orion's belt yoiu wioll find 2 areas of space that have been cut out and filled with black emptiness...
BLANK SPACE
LAT -6.01931°
LONG -91.5903°
Directions: To here - From here

this is the area from where nibiru is to come from

Another example is this thread stared on 4 April 08

Look Up At The Sky This April 22nd

Many people will think I am crazy but please. There is talk of a massive ufo fly over soon. Remember this, deep intention manifests. What that means (and I know this sounds crazy) is if enough people focus their thoughts on one event, the event happens.

Which can only have been taken directly from this thread started by another member on 1 April 08 A M a s s i v e UFO Fly Over Event coming soon!

new topics

join