It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TinWiki.orG: Our very own wiki!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As many of you know, AboveTopSecret.com sponsors our very own, conspiracy and alternative topic wiki, called TinWiki.org. The goal of this wiki is to have a place on the internet where people can go and find out about subjects that are near and dear to us. Given the huge audience that ATS enjoys, tinWiki has the potential to become huge and the prime source for all topics unusual.

However, tinWiki has had some growing pains. It has grown in spurts. As we are focused on the long term vision for the site, I would like to let our members know about some incentives for people to create new articles and to edit existing ones. I will award an avererage of between 1,000 to 10,000 points for properly formatted articles. As people who have created articles in the past can attest, I am very generous when it comes to this. Because by the very nature of a wiki, no article is ever really complete, and anyone is welcome to join in and improve exisiting articles.

For those of you who may not be familiar with wiki editing and article creation, I can assure you there is no reason to feel overwhelmed. Once you learn a few basics you will be a pro. We have been working on creating a help section that is as easy and intuitive to use as possible. You can browse some of the help topics here: HELP. Also, if you ever have a question about something, do not hesitate to shoot me a u2u or ask me a question on my talk page.

Another really great resource on tinWiki is the Community Portal Page. So be sure to come by and check that out. We also have our own working forum where you can ask questions, make announcements etc... I would also like to clarify one thing. The 10,000 points range is not neccessarily the most points you can get for a submission. Truly outstanding articles will be rewarded accordingly. So thats it, lets get cracking. There are literally thousands of topics that need to be covered.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am looking forward to creating an article or two. I have a question.

When I go to LOG IN or CREATE ACCOUNT, do I use my ATS login information ( Dorian Soran ) or must I create an account within the wiki as well?

Thanks,

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
When go to LOG IN or CREAT ACCOUNT, do I use my ATS login information ( Dorian Soran ) or must I create an aco# within the wiki as well?

You must create a new account. But you don't even need an e-mail to create an account, it literally takes seconds.

I would recommend that you create an account with the same or a similar username as your ats one. Just to avoid confusion when awarding points or giving a user editor status.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks William.

I will sign up right away.

I look forward to this - could be fun.

Dorian Soran
The Good Doctor

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello William. I have honestly only briefly visited Tinwiki in the past, but I'm going to change that ASAP.
I love editing...would like to try my hand at article writing. It's about time I ventured into something new.
I'll give this a go.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Please excuse the ignorance that this question may ecpose on my part....

What is the MyTalk feature for?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
What is the MyTalk feature for?

That is your user talk page. It is a way for people to contact you directly on tinWiki. For example, if I had a sugestion or a question for you, I would go to your user talk page, and ask you the question there. It is very easy to use, you just click on the little plus sign (+) at the top of the page, fill in a subject, the body of the question and save. It is sort of like a private messaging system except that it can be more collaborative. Take a look at my talk page for an idea of how it is used.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hey I posted the entire Kurt Cobain article, yet it doesn't show up as my contribution, just a random IP, maybe i forgot to sign in, how do i get the credit i deserve for my work?

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You must have forgotten to log in. Anyhow, that is an excellent contribution. I will award you your points. In the future, if you forget to log in and make a contribution, there are several ways you can make sure you get your credit. You can either u2u me, or you can make an announcement in the tinwiki.org working forum. Good job.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thank you, I look forward to doing further posts once I have time, likely the Mesopotamia and Sumerian articles.

One question, I did do the Kurt Cobain article from the conspiracy perspective, but if I do that Sumer article, do I have to do the same approach, or can I more focus on the historical aspects, and have it be more of a reference for people who see it mentioned in posts?

Oh and I wasn't jsut concerned about points, but also just in general the credit for it
I spent a fair while writing that article.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Tenebrous]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
One question, I did do the Kurt Cobain article from the conspiracy perspective, but if I do that Sumer article, do I have to do the same approach, or can I more focus on the historical aspects, and have it be more of a reference for people who see it mentioned in posts?

We would prefer that articles be kept factual, as tinWiki is an encyclopedia. So yes, by all means you can focus on the history.

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Oh and I wasn't jsut concerned about points, but also just in general the credit for it
I spent a fair while writing that article.

At this point we can't edit the pages history to reflect your username as initiating the article. However you can take credit for the article on your user page. Many people do that. And they can really add up after a while, so it is a good idea to do that anyways, so you don't forget how many articles you have created.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by William One Sac]

new topics

top topics

join