It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
God is Love.

Who among you can assume to think you understand these words? Was it the spirit that spoke these words or was it a man? What did the man who spoke those words mean? What is love? What is the difference between love and lust?

Me at age X has just about spent half my life with the same mate. We have watched people unite thinking they were “in love” and in the thinking they understood the meaning of what it was to love. We have watched relationships crumble time and time again. And yet, day after day I see people that don’t understand the term love use it as if it were a coverall for understanding the nature of God. When it is perfectly clear through the trench of emotional devastation they have left in their own wake through the walk on this world that they are far from understanding Love or God.

I know this one guy who is a singer and he sings all the time about “God is Love”. Though he’s had two failed marriages and crushed more people then he’s known. His Idolization of Love is that feeling that he gets when he is aroused. That is not love. That is lust. He lives his life lusting after the feelings of love without concern for the feelings of return.

Love is sacrifice. Love is wanting to do everything within your physical powers to make sure that the person YOU LOVE flowers and blooms. Love isn’t having the fuzzy warm feelings within yourself and projecting that back “unto the universe”. That’s grandious delusion or self induced personal projection illusion. That’s lust not love. Love is grassroots. That’s how you make a garden Grow, at the roots not in the sky.

Mankind seems to lack the understanding for love as a whole. Maybe this is why mankind seems to lack the understanding of God. Maybe this is why pain fills this planet on a daily basis.

It’s because this world is centered around the lustful drive of self induction of that felling of “love” within instead of developing a true and meaning relationship with the world, a person or even God.

God is Love?

That’s a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I believe we're all God and made from his image.....

if he's love then i'm love

Logically

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Saying "God is love" implies that god cannot be hate, or anger, or indifference.

Love is god.
Hate is god.
Apathy is god.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There once was a man. This man thunk and worked with his hands. This man was an inventor. This man invented things. This man would walk down to the patter office. This man would go to the window. This man would talk to the clerk. The clerk would ask "What is it?". This man would respond...

"It Is...".

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is a saying:

"If you can't see God in everything, you can't see God in anything."

Yes, at least in my humble opinion God is love. But more, much more.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Perhaps the OP wants to bring and believe in God of love but if you are to believe in the bible God form the beginning was no the loving God that many want it to be.

I was actually a very vindictive, conqueror and murdered one when it came with punishment inflicted to the enemies of his people.

Men can never achieve peace and love when religious believes and the God of the Christian world was not as loving.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
God IS love. I am a firm believer in ying and yang of the cosmos though.
We used to live in much simpler times. More family oriented, more loving, more loving our close bonds and family.
Times they are a changing. Have been for some time. So much complication. Pay for that 4 dollar london broil or save it for my gas tank.
Times are becoming increasingly stressed everday. I believe the anti christ is in our midst. Alive today, bringing so much turmoil and emotional upheaval. Armeggedon is not far off, in my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Love is god.
Hate is god.
Apathy is god.

Maybe our definition of Love needs to be expanded to encompass these other things as well? I mean, surely that's what God is - the concept who definition defines all other things? I don't know, but maybe if you choose absolutely anything, any thing at all like "Love", "Spirit" or even "Fork" and then expand its definition to encompass more and more things, and then just keep expanding, eventually one might reach the definition which encompasses anything. The extend the definition another step, and suddenly we're into a definition which is pure extension. And then grow the definition another step ad infinitum, and then ex infinitum, and then... loss of human comprehensibility, consciousness, maybe then we're finally approaching a definition of God (although, still absolutely wrong in my own honest opinion).

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexpop

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Love is god.
Hate is god.
Apathy is god.

Maybe our definition of Love needs to be expanded to encompass these other things as well?

Oh this is exceptional. Absolutely profound and so true.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
To be completely clear. God is Love.

The rest my dear friends is from our realm and is ours. The knowledge of good and evil.

top topics

join