It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot by friend so he could skip work

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Man shot by friend so he could skip work

www.msnbc.msn.com

PASCO, Wash. - Sheriff's detectives in Franklin County said a man had his friend shoot him in the shoulder so he wouldn't have to go to work.
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I had to laugh at this because I can relate. Many years ago a friend asked me to help him get out of work. His idea was for me to hit his knee enough to make it swollen so he could get a doctors note... naturally I complied.

So I started lightly striking his knee with a 2x4. Results were not forthcoming, so I started escalating the force. After a while his knee was red but he was still fully mobile. I then decided to wait until he wasn't expecting it so he wouldn't have a chance to tighten up and absorb the blow.

Well... after stalking for a while the perfect opportunity presented itself. I silently crept up behind him and with one swift whack of the board a triumphant cry was released. He got the results he wanted and then some - I fractured his knee cap.

He got out of work all right. But being a roofer, having to take a week off resulted in his losing his job completely.

So the moral of the story: Just go to work!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That is hilarious. I cannot believe someone would be that desperate to miss work.

We have an D&D policy at work that we pay into that if you lose a limb, they will pay you $2000. It is supplimental, no questions asked to our normal insurance so that one can pay their bills while they recover in the hospital. The funny thing is, it even applies to fingers or toes, so if you lose one of those, you still get $2000.

There is a big joke in the shop because one guy is missing a digit that if you ever miss your house payment, you can simply drop a load of steel on one of your fingers to catch up on your bills.

Why didn't this guy just say he was sick and couldn't make it?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
That is hilarious. I cannot believe someone would be that desperate to miss work.

We have an D&D policy at work that we pay into that if you lose a limb, they will pay you $2000.

That's wild.

Did you see the commercials advertizing 'Ax Men' the new Hist Channel show. The guy has, like, three fingers left. Now, -that's- a tough job, yet they all claim to love it and never miss a day if they can help it.

We had one guy who was late to work one time (it was pretty chronic). He claimed he'd stopped along the road to answer the call of nature and was attacked by bees.

I kid you not...to prove it he brought the bee hive to work. (the bees were gone).

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
We had one guy who was late to work one time (it was pretty chronic). He claimed he'd stopped along the road to answer the call of nature and was attacked by bees.

I kid you not...to prove it he brought the bee hive to work. (the bees were gone).

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

You know there's guys whose parents have died 5 or 6 times so they can miss work. I knew a guy similar to your bee guy who claimed his car wouldn't make it. As "proof" he brings in a torn up serpentine belt, like no one could possibly find one of those along side the road.

new topics

top topics

join