It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet / Star size Comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I am sure some of you have seen this, but for others that haven't It is very interesting. It really goes to show how little we are in the universe...

Source

And lastly here is a deepspace image from the hubble of distant galaxies.. not stars. Amazing. I dont have a source for this it has been on my computer for years.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A star and a flag for a great reference thread. How big are the stars that go supernova?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Someone may be able to correct me if I am wrong, I am not an astronomer by any means. But I believe there are multiple types of stars that go supernova. From a white dwarf to a red giant, or class M star. The largest star on that diagram is Antares, a Class M Supergiant. The radius of Antares is larger than the orbit of Mars!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Someone may be able to correct me if I am wrong, I am not an astronomer by any means. But I believe there are multiple types of stars that go supernova. From a white dwarf to a red giant, or class M star. The largest star on that diagram is Antares, a Class M Supergiant. The radius of Antares is larger than the orbit of Mars!

Do you mean larger than the orbit of pluto?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
no that would be even bigger..

source

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Video link wasn't working, so I just put the link in. This takes those same pictures and puts them in a movie. Amazing to watch. Those are not even the largest structures, but the size is mind staggering.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
But of course we are the only intelligent life in the whole universe...

Not.

top topics

join