It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 year old girl is alergic to water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
stranger-worlds.blogspot.com...

Teenager Ashleigh Morris can't go swimming, soak in a hot bath or enjoy a shower after a stressful day's work - she's allergic to water.

Even sweating brings the 19-year-old out in a painful rash.

Ashleigh, from Melbourne, Australia, is allergic to water of any temperature, a condition she's lived with since she was 14.

Wow dude, that sucks. Imaging never being able to swim, bathe, or sing in the rain (which I do on a regular basis, and always the same song.)

Poor girl though.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I can't even imagine what that must be like. Obviously her system has no problem processing water when ingested.... or well, she wouldn't be alive. I wonder if her lips and the inside of her mouth are affected. Either way great find.... not typical ATS material, but certainly falls into the category of weird. I really do feel for her.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Something's not right with that story. Maybe she's having a reaction to some chemical in the water. I didn't see any mention of trying completely purified water on her.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

No, it's Aquagenic Urticaria.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wow is all I can say. Doesn't make any sense.

Firstly, it must just be her skin, but even THAT contains water.

We are more water than any other compound, how is she not allergic to herself?

So basically, she is a being made up of mostly water, must drink water to survive, and exists in a world where there is even water in the air she breaths, and she's still alive?

I don't get it, but far be it for me to question another's health. She not only seems like a beautiful girl but a beautiful person and I hope her Dr's find a cure or some sort of blocker.

Even sitting here pondering after typing the above, it doesn't seem possible.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i'm in the same boat, claus. my first reaction is to call BS because i had the same thoughts you did - how is she not allergic to herself? far be it for me to bash those who are in an unfortunate situation though. hope they figure out how to help her.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's not BS its a true condition.

From Wiki

Man that would s@uck.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Man talk about never getting dates. Im trying to think of a way to cleanse oneselves that doesnt have water, even using like wetnaps, or some other substance with alcohol, it still contains some water.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Man talk about never getting dates. Im trying to think of a way to cleanse oneselves that doesnt have water, even using like wetnaps, or some other substance with alcohol, it still contains some water.

She does wash herself, daily, quick one minute shower, but it hurts her a lot, and sometimes brings her to tears, she says her body explodes in sore, itchy red lumps that take about two hours to ease. She waits 2 hours for it to ease, until she goes out or does something, because it's so severe. She says she considers herself a clean person. She looks pretty.

I hope they find a cure for her.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
it is really sad to hear a beutiful girl like her is alergic to water alot of foods contain water including pizza dough macorni and alot of other stuff if i was in her place i would be dying but not much because i dont drink a lot of water each day i take a sip

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Very scary, yet am sympathetic towards her. Never knew such an abnormality/condition even existed. I mean we are made up of an enormous amount of water. yet shes allergic. I really hope they have tried all the purest forms of water.

top topics

join