It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, we already had a black President!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Before Lincoln, before Washington, the lost story of our first Black President

A "Black" Man, A Moor, John Hanson Was the First President of the United States! 1781-1782 A.D. George Washington was really the 8th President of the United States! George Washington was not the first President of the United States. In fact, the first President of the United States was one John Hanson. Don't go checking the encyclopedia for this guy's name - he is one of those great men that are lost to history. If you're extremely lucky, you may actually find a brief mention of his name. The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. This document was actually proposed on June 11, 1776, but not agreed upon by Congress until November 15, 1777. Maryland refused to sign this document until Virginia and New York ceded their western lands (Maryland was afraid that these states would gain too much power in the new government from such large amounts of land). Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington)
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So why all the lost history? Either American politicians and historical scolars are ashmed and have hid it from from people or it's not official story. I believe it could be true, there must have been some one in control of America even before the word President was mentioned.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

It really boils down to the fact that America under the Articles of Confederation was weak and chaotic. When history is focusing on this short period of time, it is usually focusing on the tax rebellions.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We lost our pre- Washington history - no one knows who ran things or how before the revolution.

Nor does anyone teach the leaders before Washington took on the job.

We are only 225 plus years old- and look how much we erased!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This painting says otherwise:

"Portrait of John Hanson"

The office of the President of the United States in Congress Assembled ( John Hanson's position) was, despite the name, not an executive post. It bears a closer resemblance to the modern Speaker of the United States House of Representatives or Vice President of the United States. The office was in existence from 1781 to 1788, under the Articles of Confederation, and was replaced by the modern office of President of the United States when the Constitution took effect in 1789. The modern office is significantly more powerful as an executive position.

More information on John Hanson and his "blackness"

I'm sorry, but most evidence seems to point against both:
1. His "black African ancestry", and
2. His position as "President of the United States".

Just wanted to add that.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As a Moor he had black blood. But let's take a look at what he did in 1 year, that historians today attribute to Washington:

Hanson's term as President of the United States in Congress Assembled, during this critical formation period, did have longstanding influence.

Among the accomplishments of Hanson's presidency of Congress:

Delivered the official Thanks of Congress to George Washington for his victory at Yorktown
Commended Gen. Lafayette and thanked France for his services
Pressed states to keep up their commitments to sending delegates to Congress, which was often short of a quorum
Passed legislation for the Bank of North America, the first central bank
Appointed a Secretary of the United States to assist in correspondence and record-keeping
Granted Gen. Washington broad powers to negotiate prisoner exchanges with Britain; Washington immediately worked out a trade of Gen. Cornwallis for Henry Laurens, the first president of the Continental Congress
Established the United States Mint
Established the predecessor agency of the State Department
Proclaimed the first national Thanksgiving holiday
Created the position of Chairman of Congress, a predecessor of the vice-presidency
Negotiated a peace treaty with Britain
Settled a dispute between Connecticut and Pennsylvania, with Hanson acting as an equivalent of Chief Justice
Called for the first national census

Now, even if you dismiss claims that he was the first President (there were two before him, but they each served less than a year) let me ask a couple of questions. Is it wise for us to forget our pre- revolutionary period on up to Washington? Is it fair to attribute to Washington policies that Hanson put in place?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have one question if this we so well covered up, how did the writer of this article get this information and were can it be located for verification, i.e. Library of Congress or...?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dude, you had me at the FreeRepublic link. Seriously.

I know it's true. America's first president was a black guy. It's on a millionaire's "non-profit" website. You know what "non-profit" means, don't you? It's RIGHT, unbiased, and nobody is making money off the "Truth!" unlike those sons of bitches that went to "school" and "learned things" and "try to be honest."

Gawed, I hate them.

You know why we don't learn blacks are equal in school and George Washington was the First President? Liberal commie agenda.

Thank you for this post.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am familiar with John Hanson, but I have not seen any documents that prove he was a black man.

The reason he and the following 7 Presidents of the United States in Congress don't get the credit is because the position wasn't a separate branch of government. It was not until the constitution that we start counting Presidents since it is the system we use to this day.

top topics

join