It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Antidepressants Faith-Based Treatment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Are Antidepressants Faith-Based Treatment?

www.alternet.org

Bias in drug studies may mask the mind's role in overcoming depression.
While millions of people swear by Prozac, Zoloft, and other antidepressants, do they work any better than a placebo or no treatment at all?
...Dr. Turner discovered that most studies with negative results were never published in journals, and so doctors had no way of knowing how poorly antidepressants have actually fared.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Antidepressant drugs don't work – official study

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sorry all. I wish this article was out the other day. It really shows how the truth about anti-depressants has been hidden. Hidden even from the doctors who have relied heavily on the drug company funded studies. I know there are those that truly feel drugs have helped when nothing else has, but those cases are very rare. And when you really look into those cases, nothing else has really ever been suggested or tried by the examining physician. Just some awareness news. Whether you believe it or not, I have no control.
I have posted a link to my thread from yesterday discussing the study about anti-depressants. These two are very interrelated. The other thread has god accounts against the drugs but some do choose to side with the pills. Too each his own I guess.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

join