It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox360 HDDVD "addon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wanted to share with you what happened to me.

Yesterday The price for this hddvd dropped to 49.99 so I decided to
pick one up.

Even though they are stopping the format I figured with over 500 titles I can still get use out of it.

Anyways when I got home I waited a while for a good time to hook it up to my 360, while waiting I noticed that it had USB so I thought "what would happen if I hooked it up to my laptop"

It was seen by the system.

I then unplugged it and put it on the table for the time being but looked around on the net after words and found out many people use the player with there computers.

So I might pick another one up for my computer I might not
But the thought of for 50 bucks you can get an HDDVD player for your machine instead of paying 100's the thought makes me smile.

Later on when I did get it hooked up to my 360, I watched the movie it came with and I was pleased with the way it looked.

But when I took the movie out, and closed the tray I wanted to play Blue Dragon. My box didn't recognize it. I didn't have time to play with it anymore but am I going to have to unhook it every time to play? I hope not, anyone else have that problem?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think you have to remove it, at least I believe I read that somewhere else. I considered getting the add-on, but I realized that I never want to pay more than $10 for a DVD.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
right now most places I've been are selling off the hddvd's 2 for 20,
well places like circut city , hollywood video, block buster.
I been to helmart they only had 5 movies left, which were at 60 ( collectors editions and seasons )

I unplugged it and restarted and it works, I think its a bummer that
I can't just do it on the fly. then again I shouldn't be so lazy just reaching a couple of inches to unplug something.

join