It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Video - Children and Smoke Alarms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This is a real wake-up call to parents.

We can't assume that ALL kids are automatically going to respond to the piercing sound of a smoke alarm.

Take note of the 'Common Denominator' that these kids have in common:

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Wow.. It's scary to think that my own kids might not wake up to a fire alarm, especially since we sleep on different floors of the house. Looks like I'll be buying the smoke alarms they tested in the video once they are on the market.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the vid is malformed!

(or its just not working for me)

but reminded me of something that happened to me:

yes, there is a lot we take for granted as parents. We assume that they will just know what things are and how to react.

And what is even funnier (not) lol is that parents assume they know what to do in an emergency.

I woke up to a fire in my house. At first I thought it was my alarm and then went from snooze to up, jump OMG and ran (tripped downstairs) and just yelled a four letter word that begins with F.

Now, that woke my kids thankfully but I honestly just ran around (at times in circles) LOL yelling F not fire.

The fire started from the entertainment unit. LMFAO now but not at the time! = electrical fire.

What do I do? Get the kids out the way and run and get a bucket of water and throw it over the flames. There are blue sparks going everywhere. Thank God the Firies came soon after and got me out of the house (cos the smoke was toxic!!)

So, after (and hindsight is such a good thing) I reavaluating my inept doings, enrolled all of us into a fire education class.

I would recommend everyone doing the same.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

thats scarry stuff.

luckly for the kids it was just a test and not the real deal

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Try the blue linky directly under the video Thurisaz.

This should help!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not altogether relevant to "education and media", but good to know regardless.

new topics

top topics

join