It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air warning in Vermont -- is this satellite fallout?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Air warning in Vermont -- is this satellite fallout?

www.rutlandherald.com

WATERBURY -- People with respiratory issues are advised to be aware of a buildup of air pollution in central and southern Vermont's valley areas due to a combination of factors, including wood burning and weather conditions.

A combined effect of high levels of fine particulate matter of both local and regional origin has resulted in the current buildup of particulate matter in mountain valleys.

The Department of Environmental Conservation requests owners of wood-fired boilers to limit their use during these periods. Outdoor wood-fired boilers tend to emit higher amounts of wood smoke and could cause even higher pollutant concentrations, particularly in valley locations.

Other contributors are car and truck operation, in particular diesel-powered vehicles.

In Rutland, and for deep valley locations in the Green Mountains in the central areas of Vermont, elevated levels of fine particulate matter exist today and levels will likely remain elevated for mountain valleys in the Rutland area for the remainder of the day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I thought I was dreaming when I heard this on the news tonight... an air warning in VERMONT?????? That's gotta be a first. Just as a reminder: our state capital Montpelier has a population of 8,000 (not a typo), our largest "city," Burlington, of 40,000. A traffic jam in this state is five cars behind a tractor. This is as rural as it gets, folks. It seems quite far-fetched that our air should be polluted all of sudden.

Thus, my suspicion is that the hullaballoo about "diesel-powered vehicles" and "wood-fired boilers" (ridiculous) is a cover-up for debris/hydrazine fallout from the shot-down spy satellite... it's just about the right time for that, too.

What do you think -- have any of you heard about unlikely "air warnings" in the areas where you live?

www.rutlandherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I dont believe so at all.

I live in central Alaska where almost every house has a fireplace.
We have warnings like this ALL the time - because of all the wood burning taking place. WE are told to limit firewood burning etc etc.

For example:

newsminer.com...
Air pollution at an unhealthy level
By Chris Eshleman

Published Thursday, January 31, 2008

Air pollution at an unhealthy level
By Chris Eshleman

Published Thursday, January 31, 2008

.........If the weather remains cold and calm, air quality could remain poor through today, Conner said.

The pollution problem comes when calm weather traps fine particles of matter, emitted from cars and heating systems, relatively close to the ground. The low temperatures also contribute to increased vehicle idling and heating demands, making matters worse, the borough said in a news release.

Area residents can help by reducing any unnecessary driving, using public transportation or carpooling, burning wood or coal stoves without smoldering, turning down thermostats or plugging vehicles in to reduce cold-start emissions, he said.

Click on link for the rest of the article

[edit on 26-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

join