It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Bush, Am I Better Off Today Than I Was in 2001?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Bush Republican Economic Miracle.

Crude Oil average price in 1993, $16 per bbl.
Crude Oil average prince in 2001, $18 per bbl.

Crude Oil average price in 2008, $101 per bbl.

www.inflationdata.com...
and
en.wikipedia.org...

That is what you get from an MBA president and a secret energy conference Vice President. Here is a partial list of participants:

Greg Moredock Cabot Energy
Jim Rouse Exxon
Ralph J. Goehring Berry Petroleum Company
John Martini California Independent Petroleum Association
Red Cavaney American Petroleum Institute
Graham Ban-[sic] BP
Deb Beaubien BP
Peter Davies BP
Bob Malone BP
Eli Bebout Nucor Oil & Gas
William Terry Smith Tidelands Oil Production Company
Steen Parker Tidelands Oil Production Company
William Dozier Vintage Petroleum Inc.
Larry Bates Vintage Petroleum Inc.
Wayne Gibben CONOCO
Alan Huffman CONOCO
Alby Modiano CONOCO
Kevin Brown Sinclair Oil
Clint Ensign Sinclair Oil
Kathi Wise Sinclair Oil
Willie Hensley Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
Lindsay Hooper Small Refiners Group
Paul Freer Marathon Oil, Conoco, Amerada
www.washingtonpost.com...

But fear not, VP Cheney, as a democratically elected PUBLIC OFFICIAL was assigned to this task by President George W. Bush, "Dumbya" to his friends, and was there to represent YOUR interests! Makes you feel real good, don’t it?

Your TAX dollars at work! PS. I wonder who picked up the tab for this elite gathering?

[edit on 2/26/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I love George.

George loves me.

We're a happy family...

YAY!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Open up the 81% of the American coastline that we are prohibited from drilling in! Open up ANWAR! End our dependence on foreign oil!

You may blame Bush, but I blame enviro-whackos. Like I explained in another post, enviro-whackos could be Big Oils best friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted by RRconservative
Open up the 81% of the American coastline that we are prohibited from drilling in! Open up ANWAR! End our dependence on foreign oil! You may blame Bush, but I blame enviro-whackos. Like I explained in another post, enviro-whackos could be Big Oils best friend.

Those are legitimate issues your have raised! But it is oh so hard to trust the oil industry. For example, Exxon has yet to pay the $3 b. judgment entered against it for losses and damages caused by the March 24, 1989 oil spill at Prince William Sound. You cannot help but wonder why Exxon changed the name of the ship from Exxon Valdez to Exxon Mediterranean.

The US consumes 22 mbd - million barrels per day - and produces 7 mbd. The US never produced more than 15 mbd. I do not know how much oil would be produced if we went berserk and let’em drill whenever and wherever the industry wanted. I honestly do not think it would be more than our prior record. That would leave us short by 7 mbd, about what we import from Venezuela, Mexico and Nigeria.

America can never gain “energy independence.” I resent any politico who avers that he or she can accomplish that. To achieve energy independence we’d have to ration gasoline as we did in War 2. The old A B and C sticker system. A stickers got 3 gallons per month. B stickers were people who were useful to the public, like medical doctors how made house calls then, and they got an amount based on the number of patients and so on. C stickers were defense workers who got a calculated number of gallons based on their car and the distance from their home to their work. If we did that again, I’d be happy if the A stickers got 15 gallons a month. And etc.

Short of that, or a real CAFÉ like 60 mpg by 2020, we are just “blowing smoke.” As long as we are not acting serious, I say, let’s save our crude oil for the day when the Persian Gulf runs dry. Then we’ll truly be energy independent!

[edit on 2/26/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The 4,000th US Soldier went KIA on Easter Sunday. Do you think that is a sign that GOD is going to vote Democratic November 4? Regardless which is the Dem candidate, Barack (most likely) or Hillary (still a possibility). Prediction: If Hillary gets the nod, she'll pick Barack, but if Barack gets the nod, he'll pick Bill Richardson of NM.

Either way, McCain is too old and he is mired in Iraq. Like John will give us a B43 Continuation Third Term! Plus he may be carrying some of the ex NY Gov. Spitzer type baggage which the Republican Right Wing Religious will not take kindly too. Well, unless your name is Jimmy Swaggart. Or Brother James Bakker of Tammy Faye fame. Or Brother Richard Roberts. Jeez, this is getting to be a long list! Of preacher miscreants.

Bush43 has had our soldiers and Guardsmen chasing the NON existent WMDs in Iraq some 1,831 days now. With 4,000 KIA, that's 2.18 men per day, on average. Bush43 has 302 days remaining in his botched presidency. At that rate, another Six Hundred Fifty-eight (658) men will be asked to make the supreme SACRIFICE for the Tripartite Dictatorship - Bush43, VP Cheney and Herr Rumefeld. And then we can come home. God Bless America.

Let us Pray: Please GOD if YOU love us like we love YOU, NEVER give us another MBA designated president.

[edit on 3/24/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey, Don!
Personally, am I better off? Heck, yeah, I'm older and wiser? lol
"Have you suffered, starved and triumphed, groveled down, yet grasped at glory,
Grown bigger in the bigness of the whole?"
R Service, The Call of the Wild

Now, is the United States of America better off? No. Sadly, no.
Our economy and international goodwill were squandered after 9-11, as Bush led this great nation into Iraq, in an elective war-without-end.
4000! :shk: And Cheney goes on to say how they were volunteers, as if to say, "Hey, they asked for it." No, Mr. Cheney, you are clueless about being a soldier, and even more clueless/ruthless about how to use a military to defend a nation. You were warned by Powell about "breaking" Iraq, and you played right into Bin Laden's hands, helping him gain recruits, adding to the War on Terror. No, we're not more secure.

We're financially less secure. How the hell can you expect young people to buy homes when wages are forced downward while home prices skyrocket? Oh, yeah, get them into 50 year, interest only mortgages
And now the foreclosures are coming in. Nope, no leadership in that area either.

American workers have been forced into a less secure job market, with rising health care costs, rising costs of education, and now rising costs of food and fuel, with resultant rising costs elsewhere. Sorry, no display of leadership in these areas either.

Katrina failures were an eye opener to not only fellow Americans but fellow world citizens. With all the superheroes Hollywood has showed to the world, it must have been a shock to fellow nations that this great nation could not help its own. We are reminded of decay with each collapse of infrastructure.

What the hell have you done, Mr. Bush? You and your fellow Republicans say you want a smaller government, yet you also want to feast on the beast you want to destroy. With all the talk of incompetence of civil servants and government actions, you have merely exchanged civil for private, with disastrous results such as in Iraq. You have opened government doors and coffers to privateers who would bleed this great nation to death, wipe their blood stained lips, and move their headquarters elsewhere.

Those 4000 loved America so much, they gave their lives in service. You pay lip service to the values these 4000 believe in. Indeed you pay lip service to the values the rest of us believe in. You, Mr. Bush, have betrayed us. Benedict Arnold was going to give up a fort; you, Mr. Bush, want to give up our nation. At least after Benedict Arnold, our nation became greater.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted by Desert
Hey, Don! Personally, am I better off? Heck, yeah, I'm older and wiser? Now is the United States of America better off? No. Sadly, no. Our economy and international goodwill were squandered after 9-11, as Bush led this great nation into Iraq, in an elective war-without-end. 4,000! And Cheney goes on to say how they were volunteers, as if to say, "Hey, they asked for it." No, Mr. Cheney, you are clueless about being a soldier, and you played right into Bin Laden's hands, helping him gain recruits, adding to the War on Terror. No, we're not more secure.

We're financially less secure . . wages are forced downward while home prices skyrocket? . . workers have been forced into a less secure job market . . rising health care costs, rising costs of education . . rising costs of food and fuel . . rising costs elsewhere . . no display of leadership in these areas either. Katrina failures were an eye opener . . it must have been a shock to fellow nations that this great nation could not help its own. We are reminded of decay with each collapse of infrastructure.

What have you done, Mr. Bush? You and your fellow Republicans say you want a smaller government, yet you also want to feast on the beast you want to destroy. With all the talk of incompetence of civil servants . . You have opened government coffers to privateers who would bleed this great nation to death, wipe their blood stained lips, and move their headquarters elsewhere.

Those 4,000 loved America so much they gave their lives in service. You pay lip service to the values these 4,000 believe in. Indeed you pay lip service to the values the rest of us believe in. You, Mr. Bush, have betrayed us. Benedict Arnold was going to give up a fort; you, Mr. Bush, want to give up our nation.

Three cheers for Desert! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! I think you have written the SHORT historical summary of the last 8 years. It started badly. As if GOD had touched him, Bush Jr was designated president by a Republican Supreme Court on a 5 to 4 vote. They ordered the Florida vote count to STOP when Bush Jr was 537 votes ahead. Leaving forever behind between 10,000 and 15,000 votes uncounted. Democracy in Action! Bush Style!

Osama bin Laden.
It is hard for me to believe that Bush43 ever wanted to capture Osama. Except perhaps in the ‘04 campaign. You can guess that Bush43 would have paid anything to be able to capture Osama before the election. We know the $25 million reward in gold was raised to $50 million but with no results. After the election, I figure it was bound to occur to the Tripartite Dictatorship - Bush43, VP Cheney and Herr Rumsfeld - him now gone - if it had not before, that Osama is more valuable out there doing his thing than if he was caught and we killed him. ObL is an icon, a symbol worth trillions to the Bush-ites like Halliburton, Blackwater, General Dynamics, ExxonMobil and etc. Sleep easy, Mr ObL, you are safe as long as Bush43 is in office. But watch out next January! (Obama will get Osama!)

Katrina.
The New Orleans Lower 9th Ward. Almost all people living there are blacks. But it seems the big developers want the entire area for a new high rise office and commercial center with lots of up-scale condo’s for the rich and famous. The R&Fs. White folks. Black out, white in. So what’s going on there?

ETHNIC CLEANSING.
American style. Illegal in Bosnia or Kosovo, but raison d’etre in New Orleans. The 90%+ black population is being forced out by endless delays in everything related to the occupants. Restoration of basic services. Clean up of debris. Drawing plans to restore the neighborhood as the inhabitants would like. But none of those things are being done. Instead, the blacks are gradually dying off or moving out. By 2010, the developers will be able to begin their creation of a New Orleans in the image of the real Movers and Shakers of our great country!

Privatizing our government.
Look at the DoE - Department of Energy - website. It says they have 18,000 employees, but at another place on the same site, it says they have 110,000 contractor employees. So how many people do taxpayers support? 18,000 or 128,000? Can you imagine how much can be stolen every year when you have such sweetheart opportunities open to you? And actually, you can make it all appear 100% legal. It’s like the old time Mafia, the government has to pay someone - a crime boss - a cut to keep his staff. Extortion of taxpayers Republican style.

On the recent passport snafu.
We learned 2 of the offenders were PRIVATE contract employees used by the State Department. 2,900 private contract workers at the State Dept. No civil service rights for them. (There is a method in their madness). Some in high level jobs. Some may or may not be involved with Section 527 organizations the Republicans favor so much in elections. We already know the CIA uses PRIVATE contract employees by the 1000s. And it is not mentioned much but American private contractors are the SECOND largest armed force in Iraq, about 15,000, twice as large as the fast dwindling Brit's forces.

Aside: The Brits
pulled OUT of Basra nearly 1 year ago. To keep the so-called Coalition Forces alive over here - the US - the Brits now have their forces posted AT Basra, not IN Basra. A distinction with a real difference. I would not be surprised if the Brits withdrew all their forces on November 5 this year. You can be sure the US is “paying” the Brits well for their trouble.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

join