It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks closes all stores

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Starbucks coffee chain is to shut all of its US branches for three-and-a-half hours for staff training, in a blow to millions of Americans' daily routines.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Is this the end?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
easy... It's probably more than training but not as bad as one might think.

It was announced on the news last night that they're losing several hundred corporate positions. I bet they're talking to the employees about that and making it into a training session.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
lol....wtf??? how does that mean the end is near???

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
BTW, you're thread title is a little missleading as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a scare tactic to increase sales to me. Close all the Starbucks early to increase demand for their business. Take away the coffee from the people to watch them squirm and then give it back to make them feel good.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OK...Starbucks could go away tomorrow...gone, bye bye...never to be heard from again...and my life will not skip one beat...lol

Oh wait, this is a conspiracy site....hmmm..maybe they shut down to laod up the new chemical mixture developed in Los Alamos that will slowly help gain control of all coffee drinkers. Or maybe its a mixture that becomes like a drug and you become so addicted you have to buy 3-4-5 SB coffee's a day....$$$$$$$$

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Actually I was searching for30 mins for a open starbucks...I thought this was the twilight zone. Just my febble attempt to bring something light hearted to ATS.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There's a guy where I buy my morning paper that warned me about this. You see, according to X, all Starbuck's employees will be replaced by clones that report to the NWO. Since a lot of late night revolutionaries need coffee to get going in the mornings, it will be easier to keep watch on this element.

Just what I heard on the street.

As a certain person would say, this is just my opinion and I have no proof.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They're just closing to have some time with the employees and try to get back to the original message. They are closing 600 slow stores completely and they want the other employees to know the path they're trying to take.

Don't forget, they just got a new head honcho.

They cut out breakfast food recently and want more of a home-style, relaxed vibe and not the "sterile" and cookie-cutter" type that people have been commenting about. It's just about going back to their roots and reinventing their image using their prime product that made them great in the first place.

ps) The title of this thread has more deception then Starbucks.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Take it easy folks, Starbucks is closing so that its employees can get a refresher course on how to make the perfect cup of coffee. Reason, because rivals like McDonalds and Dunkin Donut are closing in.
ah, Capitalism at its best.

Ironically, I also heard they are learning how make the perfect Espresso. The Europification of America continues.

My question is, why do the libs keep saying the economy is in shambles when Starbucks, and now others, continue to stay in business?

This stuff aint cheap people.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ah shucks, looks like there is no conspiracy here...

top topics

join