It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(AIASP) Virtual Identity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Year 2080, Winter.

Gentle whisps of snow melt on my face. The beauty of winter is witnessed by no one but me because they are all screen people - hooked up to virtual reality in their "second life". The blue glow of holo-worlds emanate from the windows and permeate the run-down street.

In holo-world they tell you how "we are all connected and all one and all entangled" and how its dangerous to disconnect from the internet and wander around outside. It used to be considered as boring, now its not even considered as real anymore. But I had to break free from my virtual identities because I was in the process of loosing myself. And if its not me who finds out whats going on out there, who will it be then?

My head felt light and dizzy with oxygen as I hadnt been outside in years. My knees stopped trembling as I began to realize there might be no danger involved afterall. Sure, the trees were real, 3-D trees but they didn't transfer any disease.

Withdrawal was fierce. As beautiful as nature was it would take a while for it to heal my craving for my identities, my game-partners, my holo-girlfriends. But a new awareness arose in me - recognition:

First they coaxed the soul to enter this universe with the promise of adventure. The soul, ever-childlike, ever excited and happy, entered the universe, played in it, got entangled in it, forgot the reality outside of it, lost itself within.

Then they coaxed the soul to enter planet earth with the promise of more adventure. The soul agreed, incarnated, was born...and forget the reality outside of earth. "That's a necessity, so that you can focus on the game properly" they say. "You cant enjoy a game if you are too aware that its only a game, if your focus keeps shifting to things outside of the game".

And then they coaxed the soul to enter virtual reality on earth, again, with the promise of adventure. Subtly, and slowly, the soul drifted into holo-world and forgot the world around it. It went deeper into amnesia.

The soul is currently trapped in a universe within a universe within a universe within a universe.

But who is "they"? Who is the puppet master? What is the purpose of imprisoning souls in more and more limited dimensionalities?

The noise of breaking sticks behind me. I startled, my throat dried and I froze...at first not even daring to turn around. Somebody was walking towards me. Someone else. The footsteps stopped. I turned around, facing the barrel of a gun. One shot from the gun. Agony. It was dangerous to go outside afterall. The next shot killed me...

...well, sort of. The pain was brief. I hovered over my dead body, feeling light and a bit akward without a body. The man who had shot me was not a holo-persona at all. You could tell by his tanned skin and healthy complexion. Holo-People spent their entire life without exercise, natural food or fresh air. Who this guy was and for what organization he worked I never did find out.

"Now that Im dead, what am I supposed to do?".

The soul has gotten so used to waiting for orders from others, for others telling it what to think and do, that it was hardly capable of self-determined action.

Out there in the snow I thought I was alone in a strange place, but now even more so. Nobody came to pick me up. No angels, gods or light-beings. Nobody there to give me instructions. No universal map. No spiritual guidebook. But if my reasoning is correct, two layers of the onion have been peeled off...virtual reality and physical reality. Maybe because the second layer had forcefully been removed I was now drifting without orientation or purpose. Add to that the symptoms of withdrawal that were now overpowering me, I wished nothing more than to be born back into the illusion...away from this strange and lonely afterlife-realm.

Maybe I wouldn't need a physical body anymore. Maybe I could be born as a holo-identity, purely electronic consciousness. A rush of fascination pulsed through my soul. The advantages I would have on the game-field! I wouldn't have to take breaks to feed and sustain the body. My IP-Address could not be located because I wouldn't exist as a normal human! I could switch holo-persona all I wanted.

And so, I was the first child born virtual.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Definitely creative Skyfloating.
VIRTUALLY UNREAL!!!!
ME LIKES!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

...and you´re slowly preparing for your unbeatable entrance into the contest, right?

Looking forward to it.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by AccessDenied

...and you´re slowly preparing for your unbeatable entrance into the contest, right?

Looking forward to it.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

Yes..Skyfloating..Iam. Got my work about 3/4 finished.
I rush nothing when I write.Iam a perfectionist. If it doesn't meet my high standards, I won't post it.

top topics

join