It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mulitple heavens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
so in just about every culture/religion there is the concept of a "heaven" and a "hell"... well what if our spirits go along the lines of something like the old hindu caste system. how you die and are reincarnated into a seperate caste, either lower or higher depending on the life you led... well how doe sthis sound...

our world, universe, existance now is heaven to the hell below us. the hell below us is the heaven to the hell below that. we're the hell to the heaven above us. the heaven above us is hell to the heaven above that. and so on and so on and so on each direction into infinity.

i just thought of that. do you get my drift? what do you think?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
and i quote: "Deep"
its got as much validity as any other theory out there, might even do a better job explaining such roaming bodies as zombies and ghosts.
i dont buy it, but thats just me not buying any of these things.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i thought about it while reading this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i just posted this because i thought it was a good theory, and wanted to know what other people thought or if something like this was maybe already out there.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i thought about it while reading this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i just posted this because i thought it was a good theory, and wanted to know what other people thought or if something like this was maybe already out there.

im flattered! a nice idea like this, stemming from my own thread, happy happy joy joy!
whatever happened to that show

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hindu Caste system was simple Social Regulation in my viewpoint. Its imminent in Society, Caste will never be abolosished.

As mulitple heavens go, according to the " Tibetan Book of the Dead " there are 6 lower Realms of hell ( states of mind ), 6 higher realms of Heaven, and the 13th and last ultimate realm.

I could be wrong, I read it in the book, which I have in my hand, and I cant find the verse

We'll someone can correct me in that case.

Deep

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i know the hundu caste system is a social regulation... but in religious terms it does have to do with reincarnation. i was using it just as something to relate to, it was the best example i could think of.

and according to dante there are also several levels of hell, each worse than the one above it. that's cool though about the tibetan book of the dead... i'll have to find that and read it.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have heard this idea before. Some believe that heaven is a reflection of what you think it should be.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
yeah, that's what i would believe it to be as well... it's whatever in our life made us truely happiest.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'll go with multiple heavens, increasing in purity from a base. Paul speaks of "assending to the 7th heaven"

You end up in the one what fits your purity on earth.

The smae works for hell. Multiple hells decening in terms of sin, again you go to where the sin in your life

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

yeah, that's what i would believe it to be as well... it's whatever in our life made us truely happiest.

so when i die im going to ATS?

Originally posted by THENEO
I have heard this idea before. Some believe that heaven is a reflection of what you think it should be.

so when i die i become worms meat/go to hell.

its like heaven and hell!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
well Amorymeltzer i don't think it's so much of as a where you're the happiest, but as a when... like if your happiest moments in life were your six year old birthday party where you and your friends beat up a clown, then that's your heaven and that's where you would be all over again.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

well Amorymeltzer i don't think it's so much of as a where you're the happiest, but as a when... like if your happiest moments in life were your six year old birthday party where you and your friends beat up a clown, then that's your heaven and that's where you would be all over again.

like repeating the happiest memories? i stand by my original statement

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
ah, i wasn't sure if that's what you were saying or not, that's why i said it.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Heavens in plural refers to the different layers in God's Name. The different astrologies so to speek. When an earthly stargazer looks up to the sky and when an archangel looks up to the sky, they don't see all the same images. The different agendas. The only thing which is left of the images of that today, seems to be a perverted form of Ba'al astrology. Which is funny for Ba'al astrology was created to destroy God's Word. Every starmap you can buy has drawn the Dragon in the aphex of Heaven. The Dragon isn't even there. That is the right arm of the Father.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There is only one heaven and that is the kingdom of the father. How one wants to live his life determines on what level of spiritual bliss one will achieve in their next level.

Jesus had a very simple message. As well as Muhammad, Buddha, Confucious. It is how this message has been misconstrued or twisted that has led to various problems within the religions.

ME

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think the Heavens plural means space. And 'many mansions' means planets.

Hell. Where was Satan cast too? Here! Satan and his angels were cast down to the Earth where they shall stay.

new topics

top topics

join